MAF CONVERSION QUESTIONS

Fsg231

Apr 2, 2008
New member here,

Ok i have a 88'gt, i need too convert it from the speed density tooa MAF sensor... i already have the 89 gt computer, and a main wireing harness from a MAF gt... ( the whoel main harness ...cant i just swap the harness, the computer , and install the MAF...drink a beer or two, and call it a day..? :shrug:

yay...or ...nay...? what eles is involved

• Sponsors (?)

If you lay the harness out on top of the motor and look at the driver's side firewall area, you will either have the 2 dash connectors you need, or only have one. If you have 1, your harness is 90+. You will be looking right where the diagnostic connector is..
Thanks to Jkrichker for the pic.. It will be right in this area. See the 2 connectors right underneath the diagnostic connector?
B.jpg

If you lay the harness out on top of the motor and look at the driver's side firewall area, you will either have the 2 dash connectors you need, or only have one. If you have 1, your harness is 90+. You will be looking right where the diagnostic connector is..
Thanks to Jkrichker for the pic.. It will be right in this area. See the 2 connectors right underneath the diagnostic connector?
B.jpg

cool, ima check it out rite now...

lol funny sig, both the honda tech and the hillary... ( former hondatech member )

yeah i did...the eec test conector is wat ur talkign about rite... i took the cap off and saw two...

wait do u mean the two conectors too the right of the dio tester

You're good to go. :D No hack job wiring harnesses..

thats a huge weight off my sholders, from workign with honda iv done wire tucks, and since ur workign with suck small motors u can see the whole engine bay... so keeping it as clean as possible has always been my number one thing... im hopeing too see if i can hide the harness in teh gt as good as i do with the japs... ill post some pics and a how to if i do. :nice:

Look around on this website about moving your wiring to the fenders. It's been posted with directions. I'm going to do that right before I do a new shortblock so I can get the engine compartment sprayed at the same time.

sweet saves me some time... yeah ima get cracking on this Maf project 2marrow, i bough the MAF sensor and harness form Sick93ls on http://snapoffracing.com its a Florida based site, but members all over the US...my good friends is the owner

ok so i finshed the conversion....but know when i tung the key on the fuel pump wont come on...???/ i have spark and all, but no running fuel pump... any thoughts, pluss i have a ectra connector by my computer thats not being used...

:SNSign: HELP