magnaflow exhaust

jimbo1727

Jun 1, 2006
I just recently purchased an 01 stang and man i love it. it came with the magnapacks installed, and after having the car a week i decided i want louder. with the stang i was given an offroad h pipe. i wanna put this on, but i am worried about the raspy sound. how do u think the packs will sound with the o/r? u think i should put it on? and does anyone have any or no of any sound clips i could hear? thanks guys. stangs all the way.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if you have an off-road H, then it will deffinetley make it louder, but the H pipes are more known for their lower rumbling noise, rather than higher pitched raspy noise of the X pipes. since you already have it, it would certainly be more cost-effective for you to just have it installed. I'm sure it would sound a lot louder, but might not be what you're looking for. check out mustangexhaust.com for sound clips.:nice:

i have that set up and let me say it is DAMN INSANE LOUD....it has the deepest rumble burble below 2500 rpms...but then has this weird machine gun blast noise from 2700-3500rpms which is audible from 3 or 4 blocks away... thats the only problem i have with it because its gonna get people pulled over for sure.

after you get out of the 2700-3500rpms range, the intense gunshot sounds instantly stop and it gains back some of its tone and completely screams up high.

i know it sounds like exageration but theres really no other way to describe it. (i thought the same when others tried to describe it to me), but with offroad X's and H's, the packs will make that sound....which realy sounds like small gunshots or loud ass fire crackers going off behind your car. :eek:

and another thing.....the magnapack catback is one of the louder catbacks you can buy...have someone drive your car while you stand on the street behind it :nice: straight through mufflers seem to project the sound out the back of the car rather than have really loud cabin drone...even with the offroad pipe the majority of the sound is at the rear of the car :D

heres a video of mine:
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=4C7585F0-843C-4252-BF52-45E5B8463069