magnaflow, flowmasters, or mac?

semperfistang

Apr 5, 2005
alright i have a 02 3.8 v6 stang. i drove a 01 v6 the other day with flowmasters and the note just drones out at like 4.5 grand! i want some nasty sounding exhaust! what should i go with? i like to hear it inside the car so thats not a problem. i want loud and nasty should i go with 4 inch tips? or 3 inch? or get rid of the cats? thanks

Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Well.....this is probably the hardest question to answer because well.....it's a v6, but in my experiences if you want something loud, go flowmaster, mac or Spintech. I actually would think about spintech they make the v6 sound pretty good. You really need a chambered muffler to get the v6 to give off a low rumble a straight through like Magnaflow will sound really raspy and high pitched which are better for a v8 since the motor can keep the tone low. I had GT take offs on my V6 and it actually sounded pretty good, but I was going to put some MACS on them because it was the closest to a V8 sound I could find.

Get a Catted H-Pipe, don't get an O/R unless you want to sound obnoxious and horrible.

soonerkid_68 said:
if that's the sound you like ...don't go with MAC.

I say don't go with MAC because he sounds as if he wants super loud ...MAC doesn't give you super loud ...it gives a sweet low grumble that sounds mean but slightly refined. If you ask me, it sounds better than a stock V8.

If you want silly loud ...MAC ain't for you. If you want one of the best sounding pipe you can get for a V6 ...MAC is it.

Perhaps Im just bias.

soonerkid_68 said:
I say don't go with MAC because he sounds as if he wants super loud ...MAC doesn't give you super loud ...it gives a sweet low grumble that sounds mean but slightly refined. If you ask me, it sounds better than a stock V8.

If you want silly loud ...MAC ain't for you. If you want one of the best sounding pipe you can get for a V6 ...MAC is it.

Perhaps Im just bias.

Well....Your not going to achieve silly loud from just a muffler, your going to have change the mid pipe for that. Nothing will be that much louder than mac just from the muffler alone, and taking it that you get a true dual exhaust and not the y-pipe bolt on.

crazy loud= no muffler duals w/ 2.5 in piping
low grumble at low rpms' and a loud as **** rice scarer that says cops arrest me im obviously racing at high rpm's ... i have those on my 03 v'6 5 spd... im gonna probably go w/ mac next though