Major Shift In Project!!!

toxzzic1

Jan 1, 2012
SW Va
The last time I posted I was in the process of starting an overhaul of my 91 GT. Well that has changed drastically. After looking at the cost of shipping my car to Rick at RNH Performance then tearing it apart and selling everything piece by piece then starting the build it just didn't make sense. The originally plan was a 363 with an 82-88 mm turbo. I found an 88 4-cyl notch near Rick that cost me less than the shipping of my car.It is a 4cyl 5-speed roller. We chose this because there is less chance of stress on the frame and body from the previous owners since it was a 4-cyl and not a v-8. With all the hood height restrictions and other stupid laws in VA. Rick thought it would make more sense and be really cool to do 2012 5.0 aluminator as the base component with an 80+mm turbo and of course upgrades to the engine to accomodate or goal of 1200+hp. So this is the beginning. I will post build details as time goes on.This will be a complete build from the ground up, Suspension,brakes,frame mods,fuel,drive train,interior exterior etc... The only thing that will be original will be the sheet metal. This will not be a quick build but it will be done right. Rick has been given free reign to do whatever he wants to this car. Feel free to post any ideas or comments.

• Sponsors (?)

curious how much work has to be done to the 5.0 crate motor to handle that kind of power, as i believe the factory coyote motors arent boost friendly at all. Unless you're saying you're using the 5.0L aluminator block as the base and going all out from there.

either way, im tuned in. sounds badass

Its a 8hp Briggs motor with a reworked plastic carb and a K&N air filter, and some 89 octane...lol

It's a ground up build, chassis to motor in everything in between, basically a turn ket car. Im going to start with a Aluminator, it kills me to buy a crate motor as a engine builder BUT it may be the most cost effective way to start with the M-6007-A50SC motor. Ill be doing custom cams, phaser limiters, a little head work, sheetmetal intake and a few other goodies to make it be durable at a high HP...although these things are stout out of the box. Im pricing out a few options for Matt, ultimately it is his $$.

I may just build the 32v from scratch since I need to swap out some parts and we will void Fords warranty as soon as I touch it anyway....

I will be fabbing the entire turbo system, it will have to be a 80mm+ turbo (still deciding on exact unit), forward facing headers and a large front mount or air to water (still have some decisions to make), along with the fuel system, EFI managment (Big Stuff?) and the entire chassis, featuring a mini tub, at least a 10pt cage maybe a 25.5, all the normal aftermarket suspension goodies and at least a 12" wide wheel, turbo 400 is my choice although a 5or 6spd set-up would be more fun, but reliabilty will be a big issue.

The goal is reliable, High HP capable set-up that looks just as good as it runs ;) should be a fun project, Im going to get the chassis tomorrow evening...then then fun begins.

rick...
i think the new DMC 9" would look nice under it with a set of the DMC or race craft arms. afco big guns mounted through the floor to the 25.2 cage. carbon mini tubs, ARB mounted in the trunk or hatch to get the car LOW! drop spindle's up front with a set of afco or strange struts. 3 piece K member or a race craft K member. custom motor plates with a GT55-88 turbo. backed by a rossler TH400

wait... is this going to be a street car or a race car lol

rick...
i think the new DMC 9" would look nice under it with a set of the DMC or race craft arms. afco big guns mounted through the floor to the 25.2 cage. carbon mini tubs, ARB mounted in the trunk or hatch to get the car LOW! drop spindle's up front with a set of afco or strange struts. 3 piece K member or a race craft K member. custom motor plates with a GT55-88 turbo. backed by a rossler TH400

wait... is this going to be a street car or a race car lol

Well the rear I am still planning, although your right it will have a Rossler TH400 most likely

inp1.gif