Making progess(pics of new paint)

• Sponsors (?)

I agree it is rewarding seeing the progress that you have made from the start of your progress.....

I didnt see that many black classics either, thats one of the reasons I went that way..despite the girlfriend wanting me to go red. She came around once she saw the end result.....

They had to replace both quarter panels to get rid of the flares and the poor fiberglass/bondo work...they also had to put in new rear inner wheel wells because under the flares the original finders and wheels were snipped about every 1/4 inch and rolled up...then they patched the rockers with sheet metal, which were cut also due to the wheel flares

I agree it is rewarding seeing the progress that you have made from the start of your progress.....

I didnt see that many black classics either, thats one of the reasons I went that way..despite the girlfriend wanting me to go red. She came around once she saw the end result.....

They had to replace both quarter panels to get rid of the flares and the poor fiberglass/bondo work...they also had to put in new rear inner wheel wells because under the flares the original finders and wheels were snipped about every 1/4 inch and rolled up...then they patched the rockers with sheet metal, which were cut also due to the wheel flares

I had to ask about the flares because they look just like mine on my '67 (although it was done by a professional back in the 1980's). Since we are not in the 80's anymore, I wanted to loose the flares, but I'm looking at new quarters and possibly new inner wheel wells also...maybe my retro look will stay for a while.