Making Up my Mind? (Opinion)

Lipid_Sama

Aug 25, 2004
Toledo Ohio
Off Route Two, on the Central Ave Strip they got a shipment in of Gt's and V6's.
1. Blue GT, Manual
2. Red GT, Automatic
3. Black GT, Automatic

Various V6's, I didnt pay any attention to the 6's, So I cant tell you what and what.

Any who on to my question, the top was just if anyone wanted to know. I got to drive a Black GT today, And I must say Its a hell of a lot better than my brothers 1994 5.0 Mustang. The Body style is awesome, Looks 100% Better in real life. I can understand also why people said the interior is bland and cheap looking, but it decent for the price range, and the body style. The outside of the car tho is awesome.

My question to you guys is. And this is a opinion question. What should I do?, Wait for the 2006/2007 SVT Cobra, or get a new GT, If they are gonna put the same engine in the SVT as whats in the GT, the SOHC 3vpc engine, and just put a super charger on it, id just get the GT now , and add a aftermarket supercharger later. Or are they (read on another thread) gonna add that 5.4l supercharged GT engine? What do you guys think, If the new SVT is gonna be on a different level, I might as well wait for it, but if the changes are gonna bethat different I will just go with the new.

• Sponsors (?)

Tough question dude. I personally think they will go with the Supercharged 5.4 like in the Ford GT. Mainly to compete with the bigger engine sizes of some of the GM products. If you are that uncertain, its probably best to just wait until we know more about the Cobra. The worse thing that could happen is the demand for the 05's goes down a little and you can get better deals, rebates and stuff like that. If you already have a decent Stang, there should be no rush. After all, we waited this long for the 05's right?.

You just have to decide for yourself what your priorities are. They are not likely to put something in the Cobra that makes less horsepower than the 2004. Which means to me that they will probably put in another 4.6L DOHC SC, or perhaps a 5.4L. Either way I think they might opt for a twin screw this time, since the Eaton is almost tapped out as it is with "390" horsepower.

I think the Cobra is going to be worth waiting for, but that's my own opinion. I had an 05 Mustang GT on order until I realized I would not be happy with only 300 horsepower (and coming from a lighter car, my 95, which makes over 300 at the wheels). So I bought an 03 Cobra instead. The need for speed was greater than the need for high quality and luxury :). And I'm very happy with my decision!

Good luck, whatever you choose!

Dave

Lipid_Sama said:
My question to you guys is. And this is a opinion question. What should I do?, Wait for the 2006/2007 SVT Cobra, or get a new GT, If they are gonna put the same engine in the SVT as whats in the GT, the SOHC 3vpc engine, and just put a super charger on it, id just get the GT now , and add a aftermarket supercharger later. Or are they (read on another thread) gonna add that 5.4l supercharged GT engine? What do you guys think, If the new SVT is gonna be on a different level, I might as well wait for it, but if the changes are gonna bethat different I will just go with the new.

Gran Turismo 4, ^^ I cant wait, I got my Logtech ForceFeedback Pro, and my Cockpit is almost done, Ive been building it on the side.

Yea, I wanna make a muscle car, not a drive around car, I got a Jeep for that.
The Engine when i saw it today, its alot bigger inperson than looking at it in pictures. Man I dunno, I wonder if its gonna be 2 years, or 1.

And I dont got a Mustang my brother does. I got a 99' Jeep Cherokee, Best Utility Drive Around car on the planet ;)

Im definietly not getting a car till the spring. So I got time to think on it, I just wanna know what SVT has in mind ;) so I can make my decision now.