Mallory Billet HEI, Finally!

RobbMc

Oct 3, 2003
Carson City, NV
Nearly a year after they were first announced, we started shipping the 75 series HEI distributors last week. Chevy versions were built first because there were more on order but all the parts are available to assemble versions for most american V8 so if you place an order for Ford (part number 7555101 for SB, 7555401 for 351W, 7556701 for 351C/460) it should ship in a week or two after the order is placed with the factory.

The 75 series have the following features: all billet aluminum housing, ball bearing shaft support, adjustable YH mechanical advance, HEI cap and rotor, adjustable vacuum advance, large Ford style magnetic pickup and a built-in Hyfire with adjustable rev limiter.

I've been running one of the first prototypes on my daily driver for about ten months without a single problem.

Sorry I jumped the gun a few months ago. I thought they were about to ship but they got bumped in production several times because of other products that had to be built first. But scouts honor, I saw some 75 series actually ship last week. I even helped the assembly line build the first 20 units just to make sure there were no problems.

RobbMc
Mallory/Erson Cams

• Sponsors (?)

and they have a built in Hyfire ignition box? so theres no need for an external box, correct? so its a completely self contained ignition system, everything you need?

its good to know they're shipping now, i had looked a few times for the 75 series with no luck after reading your first post about them.

3spd on floor said:
and they have a built in Hyfire ignition box? so theres no need for an external box, correct? so its a completely self contained ignition system, everything you need?

its good to know they're shipping now, i had looked a few times for the 75 series with no luck after reading your first post about them.

Correct. The coil mounts in the cap and the ignition box is built-in. Everything is in the distributor. One wire hookup. Just remember that you must have a full 12 volt power source so if you have an older car that had a resister wire feeding the ignition you must run a new wire with full battery voltage.