mass people what are your winter projects

• Sponsors (?)

Wow sounds like a productive weekend, Jim! I wish i could say mine has been as productive....well it i guess it has, but its so much fab. to put in a roll cage. Its 9pm Sat night and due to sound ordinance, the garage is closed for the night. I have the main hoop, and one rear support tube welded in. The biggest problem was there was once a cage in the car, and they did such a poor job i had to cut out all the old footings and start fresh....I could have gone over it all, but i did the right thing and started fresh. Tomorrow should go a lot faster...hope to be done with it by the afternoon. I will post some pics. Post some pics of your progress Jim!

Here's some pics of the roll cage install over the weekend......god i can't wait for the red to be gone for good!
d1d9c014.jpg

66ce7976.jpg

c0c18170.jpg

fe8896b1.jpg

I will post more pics as the project moves forward!

Attachments

• c0c18170.jpg
    c0c18170.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 40
  • 66ce7976.jpg
    66ce7976.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
  • d1d9c014.jpg
    d1d9c014.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 32
  • fe8896b1.jpg
    fe8896b1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 33
I'm a litle late coming but- Yesterday I just put in my 24 lbs injectors, pro-m 75mm maf, bbk 70mm tb, underdrive pulleys, electric fan, and a/c eliminator. Today i started putting my 3.90's in, but took longer then expected because my spider gears were crap, and those are a blast to replace :rolleyes: It''l be done tomorrow though, and I have a feeling it's going to be retarded fast, going from 2.73's to 3.90...:owned: haha I'm sure i'll be on tomorrow totally amazed and excited, hopefully:flag:

Let's see:

Speed of Sound gauge pillar w/autometer cobalt gauges - need to wire up
BMR LCAs - installed
Flowmasters - installed
4.10s - very soon
get my M/Ts mounted - late march, have tires already
line locks - have parts, need to hook up and run wires
low speed fan switch - need to run the wires
meziere electric water pump - have part, need to put in
Steeda UDPs - have part, needs to be put in same time as the meziere

with the rest of my mods i should be doing 12.7s

Killed my AOD last year, trying to put all the parts together for a T-5 conversion. It also failed emissions test last time around so I need to figure out that problem before she can hit the road again, damn MA inspections.

Little Update....

Hey Jim and all you other MA Stangers! Haven't posted in quite a while, but i am happy to say i have been to busy with the car to get in front of the computer! Anyhow...the new motor is assembled and in the car. The engine bay has been prepped/painted for the color change (Ford #TP/6853 Gray Pearl Metallic). Currently coming in the mail is my entire fuel system, battery relocation kit/box/disconnect switch, and tons of odds and ends. As you saw before, the roll cage has been installed and hopefully this weekend, i will be shooting the bare interior and cage the new body color....so from here on out is basically just assembly. Anyways....heres some pics of the new powerplant! Hope all is well with everyone and thier projects.....peace. - John
Image002.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image006.jpg

Shortblock.jpg

engineinstall1.jpg

SideEngine.jpg

Nose1.jpg

Attachments

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 27
  • SideEngine.jpg
    SideEngine.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 35
  • engineinstall1.jpg
    engineinstall1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Shortblock.jpg
    Shortblock.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Nose1.jpg
    Nose1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 31
Hey Pete, got a truck and trailer this year so i'll be up the track quite a bit....no more street driving for this one though :( I will be bringing my 78 Buick to Sam's this year...am I still allowed to park next to ya? LOL. Hope all is well.
Peace
John

ImportEater98 said:
BUMP! Mines running and driving. Took her first pass down the track two weeks ago...hows everyone else doing?

Nice! How'd it go? Anymore tuning that needs to be done? Mine should be ready by Sunday. I blew a head gasket in January and wiped out two camshafts. Thanks to my very talented brother, it should be ready on Sunday. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.