Me-1 '05 GT-0

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
so last night ~2am driving home from a party a meet up with a black '05+ GT. he had exhaust for sure, not sure if anything else. anyway, he was cool, gave a thumbs up and everything, but didnt have the courtesy to roll down the window to chat at the stop lights. anyway, from a 55 punch, me in 4th, i was slowly pulling him until 100 (thats where i hit 5th and dont race past that for obvious reasons). from a 3rd punch, 50 mph, i was pulling him pretty hard. i was impressed to say the least. sorry bout the roll races, but he didnt wanna go from a dig for some reason. im sure i woulda schooled him with my built rear and new BFGs anyway though:D

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
depends on what gears he has.

Well when I had stock gears, that was still the rule...and now I have 3.73s and in 2nd gear @ about 50mph I'm @ about 5000 rpm. I wasn't paying attention to what gears he has, but even if he has 4.10s he probably would have benefitted from a 2nd gear pull. CERTAINLY shouldn't have been in 4th though!

SteedaGTJ22 said:
@ 50 you should be in 2nd gear not 3rd or 4th
i have 4.10s w/ the T-45 tranny. at 55 in 4th im taching 3k. 3rd redlines at ~70 to give you any idea. i really wasnt in my peak powerband in the 4th gear pull. thats why i was surprised