Mean Exhaust

Luca11

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Hey Guys, I have a 92 notchback in mint condition. It has exhaust but other then that its stock, it has some after market performance headers and h-pipe, no idea what brand they are they came with car. It had 3 chamber flows but i removed them and put 10 series 1 chamber. Its a lot louder but still not feeling it 100%!! I know I need a cam among a variety of other things but i was thinking of changing the shorties and putting BBK long tube headers and removing the 10 series 1 chamber and putting Slp Lm 1 I just want it loud but don't want just straight pipes!! Any ideas, advice, or input would be greatly appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

Wow it just doesn't seem loud enough, sometimes an ss camaro in my town passes through my street and man its loud as hell and i thought he was running straight pipes but someone else that knows him say its not straight pipes!! Mustang always sound 100x better then any other car with exhaust!! Thats why I don't get it...

Wow it just doesn't seem loud enough, sometimes an ss camaro in my town passes through my street and man its loud as hell and i thought he was running straight pipes but someone else that knows him say its not straight pipes!! Mustang always sound 100x better then any other car with exhaust!! Thats why I don't get it...
Is it an ls1? There engines make any exhaust sound 10 times better

I ran SLP LM1 exhaust for about 3 years. With a stock engine, and offroad Hpipe it was pretty loud. People would tell me they could hear me coming from almost 4 blocks away. Eventually I got sick of it and swapped out the resonators for some dynomax super turbos and am much happier. I forgot how nice it was to not have a drone at all times inside the car and in my opinion it sounds 100% better and not as truckish. I have the SLP catback minus tails sitting in my shed, you can either attach your tails or run them as dumps, shoot me a PM if your interested at all.

I agree, thats the main reason I ended up changing mine out, there was a lady cop who patrols the neighborhood around my sons daycare and she harassed me on a daily basis but couldn't get a ticket to fly. To be honest the cop did exactly the opposite of what she wanted, I never really messed around before because my car was so loud, but now that its quieter I get on it a lot more.

Just buy some electrically controlled cut-outs. When you want loud, hit the button. When you see a cop, hit the button again. I don't think cut-outs sound very healthy (kinda a un-tuned sound) but you'll wake the dead and that seems to be what you want!