Mechanical guys come here need hlp!

yung_wun

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2002
winnipeg,mb
Ok I drive a 92 gt and my problem starts here. Every morning or whenever I leave my car out for a couple long hours I have this problem where when I start the car it just dies out on me, It takes me about 3 cranks just too keep her running and plus i have too warm her up for abit because if i start driving right away the drive feels very jumpy not right. Ok now heres the other thing once the car is totally warm and i drive through the whole day the car runs fine this problem always occur every morning when i fire her up......so what can this problem????

• Sponsors (?)

not really it doesn't jump up and down it idles at 800 there are 3 things that might be the problem i checked it up the haynes book. These are the 3 main soruce: Engine starts but stops immediaely:

1. loose or faulty electrical connection at distributor, coil or alternator.

2. insufficent fuel reaching the caruretor or fuel injection

3. Vaccum leak at the gasketsurfaces of the carburetor or fuel injectionunit

It could either be these three problems but im not sure yet and plus i can't take my car out till end of this march too bring too a shop too see if they know whats up with the car. Have anyone from this fourm gone through this situation?

the camshaft im not sure but i've been told that my car seems like it has a camshaft because of how the idle is. and plus the guy i bought the car from doesn't know what mods were done too it because i got it off a used dealership

yung_wun said:
the camshaft im not sure but i've been told that my car seems like it has a camshaft because of how the idle is. and plus the guy i bought the car from doesn't know what mods were done too it because i got it off a used dealership

Have you checked the stored computer codes ?