Meguiars NXT

MichaelB21

Not to sound gay or anything but when is the votin
Founding Member
Jan 27, 2002
Has anybody had a chance to get their hands on some of this stuff? I know you can order it online, but I have yet to see it in any stores. Anybody had a chance to use it? Thanks. :)

• Sponsors (?)

As of now you can only order it online or you could have paid a couple hundred dollars to get the "lab sample D" off a ebay charity auction. It will be available for distibution on February 1.

I can't wait! It is supposed to be really great at hididng swirls and have good durability like zaino or klasse.

BC5200 said:
As of now you can only order it online or you could have paid a couple hundred dollars to get the "lab sample D" off a ebay charity auction. It will be available for distibution on February 1.

I can't wait! It is supposed to be really great at hididng swirls and have good durability like zaino or klasse.

Thanks for the info! It looks like it is going to be great. I am wondering how well it will work with the products in the professional series.

Michael,

I have it :) My first impression is that the look is very similar to #20. It is as easy to apply and remove as #20. It doesn't seem to darken the paint like #26 as a lot of people seemed to say it would. It is hard to tell though as the weather has been terrible here and I haven't taken the car out of the garage since I put it on. I am hoping for a break in the weather tomorrow to put another layer on so maybe I will be able to post a picture or two then.

If you want to order it, now is the time. You can order it online but, if you call them and you mention you are a member of Autopia and that you heard it from Mike Phillips you get free shipping until the 30th. Otherwise it should be available in just about any auto parts store the first week in February.

I would get the whole NXT line. I was very impressed with the NXT car wash. It provides more suds than Gold Class car wash and even more than #62 professional car wash. It is designed to sheet water off when you rinse so that it leaves very little water behind. It doesn't have detergents in it, it is like #00 in the it uses emulsification(sp) to dissolve and carry off dirt particles. The NXT spray wax is the quick detailer that you use between waxings. I haven't tried the Trim Protectant yet so I can't comment on that yet.

I would still do the same prep work I would do for any wax or sealant. I use Meguiars #9 for normal routine swirl mark removal and Meguiars #83 for more severe problems. NXT can be applied over these products just fine. It is NOT like Zaino where you have to make sure there are no oils under it. NXT does have some minor swirl filling capabilites so you might be able to get away without any surface prep if your paint finish is in pretty good shape.

Michael,

My GT has been in my garage since I put NXT tech wax on it Friday. The weather has been cold, overcast and rainy since. Until I can get it out in the sun (whenever it decides to make another appearance) it is really hard to get a really good idea of what it is going to look like. So far I am just guessing based on what I can tell with the lighting in my garage.

NXT Tech Wax is just like any other Meguiars wax in that you can put it over pretty much anything and there is no reason you can't top it with #26 either.

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Just took some photos of my GT during lunch. The car needs a bath but, I think they still turned out ok. One is attached and you find the rest at the webshots link in my sig.

2760frontquarter.jpg

Wow that looks pretty nice Bob. It doesn't appear to be quite as deep as the #26, though. It looks like a harder shine, kinda like Zaino.

MichaelB21 said:
Wow that looks pretty nice Bob. It doesn't appear to be quite as deep as the #26, though. It looks like a harder shine, kinda like Zaino.

Micheal,

Yup, my initial impressions that it was more like #20 (optically clear) look like they were right. It does look wet though, not the shallow plastic look of Zaino. I think this weekend I may top it with #26 and see how it looks. Another thing, NXT Tech Wax really brings out the metal flake in my paint whereas #26 doesn't. I am going to wash it and put another layer of Tech Wax on tomorrow and see if I can get some better pictures.

rjstaaf said:
Micheal,

Yup, my initial impressions that it was more like #20 (optically clear) look like they were right. It does look wet though, not the shallow plastic look of Zaino. I think this weekend I may top it with #26 and see how it looks. Another thing, NXT Tech Wax really brings out the metal flake in my paint whereas #26 doesn't. I am going to wash it and put another layer of Tech Wax on tomorrow and see if I can get some better pictures.

I can't wait to see the results. :nice:

Seems like it is a fun product to use, just like the rest of the Meguiars line up. It'll be interesting to see what people are able to do with it as far as mixing it in with products like #26 and #7.

Any word on when the professional version will come out?

Michael,

I really only use my PC with surface prep products like #9, #83, etc.... I applied NXT by hand. It goes on and comes off soooo easily that the PC really wouldn't be any faster in my opinion. If you wanted to apply it by PC yes I would use a pad with no cutting action like the CMA black pad or the Meguiars beige pad. The NXT Tech Wax does not have any abrassive or chemical cleaners in it.

It is starting to show up in WalMart and some auto parts stores in various places. I think people kind of expected it to magically appear in every WalMart and auto parts store overnight :) I have not been able to find it locally myself. I ordered my supply almost a month ago directly from Meguiars so I am set :nice:

9rearquarternxt.jpg

Attachments

• 9rearquarternxt.jpg
    9rearquarternxt.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 78