Miss my 5.0

QDRHRSE

Dec 31, 2002
Palmdale, CA
Guys,

About 6 onths ago I agreed to sell off a toy or two. My wife and I found out that we were expecting our first child and at the time I had a blown LX, my Lightning, and 2 new bikes. I reluctantly agreed to sell my LX. The same week I was offered a new job that paid 25% more and got a huge signing bonus on top of that. In that same time I took a deposit on the car....the guy never came to see it, he just paypal'd me a deposit....it was really nice car. Anyway, I offered him $500 bucks (plus his deposit) to walk away from the deal but he really wanted the car and said no. I was crushed. I'm a man of my word so I sold it....what a mistake.

To fill the void I bought a really nice 96 Cobra. It's a great car but nothing like my old 89 LX. Do you guys think that I should should ditch it and get another 5.0 or do you think that I should try to spend a little money on the Cobra and see what happens? I'll tell you, I'm finding that most of the mod motor guys don't know $h!t. Those guys are all about having somebody else make their cars go fast. Also, everything is a big deal on a mod motored car....it's like a little 100 shot of nitrous is a big deal. Anyway, I miss the 5.0 forums. I've been concentrating on my Lightning for a while but I pretty much finished that project and I'm back on the Mustangs again. Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I've got some parts if you ever do find a good deal.... I have a T-top car, but it needs more work than it's worth and you are all the way out on the west coast.

The mod motor will never be like the fox. It'll get close if you add a KB on top, but it'll never be the same ya know?