Missing Gasket!!!

5-SpeedStallion

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2002
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, I drive a Six, but gaskets are gaskets and there are 135 people viewing this forum and only 7 on the six forum so I figured I'd ask you. I just got my CAI in the mail and it didn't come with the gasket for between the lower pipe and the MAF. What can I do? Do I have to put the old airbox back in or can I go without for a day or two, or can I make one out of something for the time being? Any help would be appreciated because I need to drive my car tomorrow and this would obviously hinder that. Thanks in advance.

Blaine

• Sponsors (?)

5-SpeedStallion said:
Hey guys, I drive a Six, but gaskets are gaskets and there are 135 people viewing this forum and only 7 on the six forum so I figured I'd ask you. I just got my CAI in the mail and it didn't come with the gasket for between the lower pipe and the MAF. What can I do? Do I have to put the old airbox back in or can I go without for a day or two, or can I make one out of something for the time being? Any help would be appreciated because I need to drive my car tomorrow and this would obviously hinder that. Thanks in advance.

Blaine

You do need the gasket but in the meantime make one out of a cereal box. Will work until you get the correct one.

stangscuba98a said:
You do need the gasket but in the meantime make one out of a cereal box. Will work until you get the correct one.

Thanks. I realized that Discount Auto Parts was still open and went and bought a roll of Gasket Rubber/Cork stuff so I'm just making one now. Problem solved. Thanks for your help though.