Missing

351carlo

Mar 9, 2004
Philadelphia
Me Again. The car is now missing at all RPM ranges. I went through the wires, and found nothing. Pulled the #1 plug, and it was sooty,but I still got a spark. Went through and pulled the wires one by one, and didnt notice any difference. Im not sure what could be going on. Any suggestions on tests to run?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

hmm...

It did get better when I put the idle screws in all the way. I put some Autolite Platinums in there, just to give it a new set of plugs (old plugs had maybe 100 miles on them). I think I ruined all these old plugs, because the thing ran too rich.

I got it all back together tonight, and it ran smooth, however it had no where near the power it used to have. It felt like I was running the old 2 barrel. I think I'm trading this Road Demon 625 in for an Edelbrock 600.

Before you swap that demon,check this. I have the same carb. Check the secondary float and make sure it isn't set too high, otherwise it drips gas into the carb. Set it at half the sight to quarter sight glass. Also check that your accelerator pump isn't pushing down at idle. Then try to get those mixtures screws all out to 1/2 to 1 turn. Hope this helps. Let me know.