MM Rear coil overs installed!!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
I bought these Maximum Motorsports rear coil overs about a year & a half ago, & finally got around to installing them... I wasn't sure what to expect after the install, but the ride quality drastically improved.... Granted, since my car is sooooo low, it will never ride like a caddy, but these made the car feel 100X's better than the different rear springs I have tried over the years which included H&R super sports, Eibach pro kits, & cut stock springs... It feels much more balanced now with coil overs on all 4 corners, it rides better, handles better, & they shaved some weight too.... My spring rates are 325lb fronts, & 225lb rears....

Here are a few pics....

Coil over assembled...
DSC_0033-3.jpg

Upgraded poly shock eyelet bushings...
DSC_0030-1.jpg

Hypercoil 225lb spring...
DSC_0031.jpg

upper spring perch, Delrin pivot ball, & aluminum socket....
DSC_0032-2.jpg

Upgraded passenger shock mount... (Man I hate that ford doesn't paint their rear ends from the factory & they look all rusty)
DSC_0047.jpg

Coil overs installed... I removed the quad shocks after these were taken since there was clearance issues with the coil over springs...(Yes my car is actually dirty underneath LOL!!!)
DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

What:eek: no stance pics:shrug: J/K they look like great quality:nice: I'll bet they make a world of difference

you beat me to it nightmare... stance pics or :ban:

but really epik, thats friggin awesome :nice:

LOL guys... i didnt get done with the install until 1:00 am last night & it was raining outside... To be honest with you, it sits exactly the same as it did before the install. Remember, I had adjustable LCA's in the rear with cut stock springs so it was already dumped... I will be removing those LCA's & replacing them with some MM XD LCA's that have no spring perches...

I understand dude, when i got my tb and intake spacers(when i was deployed) when i got home at like 2 am on leave i went right outside and installed them. it was mid december btw and freezing. But still we like seeing your car, so post up or :ban: :D j/k

I understand dude, when i got my tb and intake spacers(when i was deployed) when i got home at like 2 am on leave i went right outside and installed them. it was mid december btw and freezing. But still we like seeing your car, so post up or :ban: :D j/k

LOL!! Soon I will whore it up, but its raining outside & I cant subject my baby to the elements:D

That's a pretty healthy wheel rate in the front now. Your 325lb/inch coil overs equate to a 1200lb/in spring if it was still in the stock location. That would be a ROCK hard ride, but with coil overs: :nice: