MM torque arm installed, good enough?

jerry beach

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
Ocala,FL
There is a big Delrin bushing on the front of the Torque arm. It goes into a reciever in the cross-member that is added between the subframes behind the tranny cross-member. MM says the rear of the bushing must be flush with the rear of the receiver tube opening on the cross-memeber. Mine has about 3/16" sticking out to the rear. I think that will be OK, as the bushing is about 3" long.

I can make it right, by taking it back apart and adding a spacer. Only problem is, it took me about 20min. with a rubber mallet beating this bushing in there and I dont want to take it out.

The car drives fine, I am happy with the way it rides and its ride height. It really doesnt seem to hook up any better in a straight line, but its very stable in corners under acceleration. I have yet to hook the front sway bar back up. I plan to do that soon. I am still driving with the struts set loose also. The nose dive in braking is almost non-existent.

Everything pretty much fit perfect except for some grinding on the seat braces that didnt clear the sub-frames. Only thing is, if I bolted in the crossmember the way they showed, it would not have been removable. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)