Mob's project thread

• Sponsors (?)

Havent really got anything done, just a pic with the upper on, not really bolted down or anything, I am pretty pissed I bought some injectors on ebay but the seller didnt tell me every single injector had a cracked cap, so now I need to buy all new caps, thats the only thing holding me back from finishing the whole top end.

The stang is kind of on hold right now though, I got a new daily driver for 200 bucks but it needs a new lifter, so I am working on that now trying to get it running before I move back to the stang.

The valve covers are temp right now, the more I see them though the more I like them, what do you guys think I should do about the covers, what color? These say shelby on them, not sure if i like that. I am considering stripping the paint on the upper and polishing it and going with matching polished valve covers.
1001301y.jpg

Thanks man, that wrinkle black may look sick, I would do that with stock vc;s though, these are my dads old valve covers off his 67. I dont wanna mess them up because i think they are worth something. I just cant find my stockers right now, gotta keep looking.

Anymore ideas?

Ohh, I see. Yeah, those may be worth some coin if they're off an original '67 Shelby. I'd go for the black TFS valve covers. They're awesome quality, and about 100 bucks. I think they'd look awesome with your intake and the color scheme you have going on. They're textured black finish already.

today-3.jpg

Man those are sick, If i get it running before I can get em ill just save up and swap em out later, thanks for that pic, I didnt know those were only about 100 bucks. Definitely gonna get those later on.

Hey guys its been quite a while since I posted anything about my car or my progress so I thought I'd give a little update. I have changed my mind many times throughout this thread but I think this time it is set. I started out wanting to do the HX35 single turbo. Needing my car to be finished and running I decided to sell everything to finish actually getting the motor running. But with the purchase of a second car as a daily driver I decided to continue the build. I went with a much bigger better suited turbo for a single build, I found a H2E which is essentially an HX50 on ebay for one hell of a deal. Last time I was just waiting for money to come in so I could buy the BG hotside and bolt everything together. I am trying to save a little more money and use a little more of my skills to build it myself. Here is my progress.

1001671b.jpg

1001662.jpg

1001659.jpg

1001791c.jpg

1001601p.jpg

1001612o.jpg

1001788f.jpg

1001814x.jpg

turbo1o.jpg

1001817.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1825.jpg

100_1823.jpg

100_1819.jpg

100_1822.jpg

This is gonna be my bracket to hold the turbo up.

100_1833.jpg

This is what I got done today. I dont have the skills or equipment to weld this stuff up so I just tack it with my crappy welder and give it to my friend to finish for me. So once I finish tacking everything up itll be a couple weeks before I get it back and can actually coat it and bolt it up for real. I also got my wastegate today so I am going to have to start thinking about where I am going to mount it. Also gotta move the turbo up about an inch so the downpipe will clear the waterpump.

1001836.jpg

1001839c.jpg

1001843o.jpg

1001848f.jpg

Thanks guys. I picked up a 3 bolt flange for the crossover pipe so I can serperate them in the future if needed. The Downpipe is kind of stressing me out but I think it will work. Worst case scenario I will need to save up a little money and go with an electric water pump for clearance issues.

Is your distributor and wires going to fit in there without being melted?

Yea the distributor goes where the oil filter is sitting in my pics. Plenty of room. I am going to need the swing the downpipe in a little bit towards the front of the car and then turn it back out towards the firewall.

Thanks guys. I picked up a 3 bolt flange for the crossover pipe so I can serperate them in the future if needed. The Downpipe is kind of stressing me out but I think it will work. Worst case scenario I will need to save up a little money and go with an electric water pump for clearance issues.

Yea the distributor goes where the oil filter is sitting in my pics. Plenty of room. I am going to need the swing the downpipe in a little bit towards the front of the car and then turn it back out towards the firewall.

Oh yeah I guess my depth perception was off, looks like it should be fun, great progress.