Modded 5.0 Vs. Stock 00 GT

• Sponsors (?)

stock heads?

ever run at the track?

I would say it would be a good run, but I would put my money on you if anything. I never raced a new GT, but from peoples times here on stangnet, they seem to be able to run high 13's stock I think. If you have traction, you should definitely take him. If you are running from a roll, that's another story, and I have no idea about that.

Are you running him at the track?

5.0GT said:
stock heads?

ever run at the track?

I would say it would be a good run, but I would put my money on you if anything. I never raced a new GT, but from peoples times here on stangnet, they seem to be able to run high 13's stock I think. If you have traction, you should definitely take him. If you are running from a roll, that's another story, and I have no idea about that.

Are you running him at the track?
Yup stock heads, i'm running him in the street. Yeah i got traction. :D

I think you could beat a stock 00 gt in the 1/4 with your mods, the highway dont even bother. I have a 01 gt with only flows and 3.73's and it nice and fast but with your mods I think you could take a stock gt.

Last Friday I test drove an orange 2004 ( 40th anniversery) aod GT,my 93 lx would smoke it!,theres not a question in my mind!! I was not impressed at all !! It sounded really nice,and Im sure a 5spd would eat it alive,but I was expecting alot more.I wanted to drive the Mach 1,but they only had one and it was in the showroom :notnice:

I'd have to say close call for this one, as i've beat a couple GTs, but i've also been beaten a few times too. I think the times i won were because of driver error, since those cars are high 13 second cars off the lot. I havent ran my car myself yet, and i think the previous owner couldnt drive.

Me and my friend were going to run...

My Car: 1989 LX, Cobra U/L, 65mm TB, pulleys, exhaust, 3.73s.

His Car: 2000 GT, Magnapack CB.

If you ask him, he thinks my car would kill his. I think with the right driver in his it would be close, but he thinks I would still kill his car. I think he raced a stock 1987 LX with 3.08s and a catback and beat him by a couple cars.

Personally I think you should win without too much effort.

The 2k GT is a low 14 second car with a good driver. With your mods you should be able to beat him. My friend has a 2k and the best way to launch the the 4.6 is to bog it a little then hammer the throttle. Otherwise he will spin his tires. Torque doesn't come in till 3600 but it pulls hard from there unlike the 5.0. Your launch will be better and with the gears third will actually pull so you should still be albe to take him in a 1/4 mile. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Kevin

1qckFOX said:
Who do you think would win between me and my friends 2000 mustang gt? And by how far do you think.

There was a guy in a 2003 GT that would ALWAYS rev his engine and fly by me as I drove to the gym down the road near my house. He must have done this on at least 4 occasions. I was always apprehensive because my car has 195K+ miles, limited mods, and I had my 225lb brother with me. This guy looked to weigh 120lbs soaking wet. Anyway, one day I said what the hell, and I catch up to him at a light. He said all he had put on it was some kind of catback. We go from a stop, we both have slight traction issues but when our tires grab, I squeak out about a car length on him. He is at my rear bumper the whole time from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4. When I hit 5th he slowly starts to pull me in and passes me. I need a fresh engine. My only mods are in sig.

Later-
Hawaii-50

I've driven stock 2000s and they dont have much to brag about. I can only tell a slight difference from my stock 90 convert. but when compared to my 91 hatch is has nothing. The only lrealy race i've done though was a 1990 camaro RS with the Z28 engine and that was in my convert. and i won by 3 or 4 lengths.

Hawaii-50 said:
There was a guy in a 2003 GT that would ALWAYS rev his engine and fly by me as I drove to the gym down the road near my house. He must have done this on at least 4 occasions. I was always apprehensive because my car has 195K+ miles, limited mods, and I had my 225lb brother with me. This guy looked to weigh 120lbs soaking wet. Anyway, one day I said what the hell, and I catch up to him at a light. He said all he had put on it was some kind of catback. We go from a stop, we both have slight traction issues but when our tires grab, I squeak out about a car length on him. He is at my rear bumper the whole time from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4. When I hit 5th he slowly starts to pull me in and passes me. I need a fresh engine. My only mods are in sig.

Later-
Hawaii-50
Got any pics of your car :D I'm thinkin about painting my car Vibrant Red.