Modes and Tunes

• Sponsors (?)

Yes the DSP is Vin locked to your car, but the downloadable tunes should not be. They are just like any other computer file. You can download from DSP the CAI tunes for C&L and Steeda CAIs and the Charge Motion Control Valve Plates. Also, you can download a tune from your DSP and send it off (e-mail)to a third party vendor and they will tweak your tune for you. It is e-mailed back to you, so depending on what tune you sent to them, you should be able to share it. But these are for very specific modification setups. As more of these tuners get out there, you will probably see more specific tunes for a lot of different mod variations. Also, with the DSP, you can tweak a tune yourself. But, I would get professional help to do this correctly, since you could possibly really screw up your car if you do not know what you are doing. So far, I am staying with the DSP canned tunes for the mods I have done so far. As time goes on, there will be more tunes available.

On another point...if you mod your exhaust, from what I have learned, you do not need to re-tune your car. The most critical changes are on the intake side of the engine...CAI, Superchargers, CMCVPs, under drive pulleys, ported and polished heads, etc... Yes headers, free flowing cats and exhaust can add HP & TQ, but a re-tune is not as critical for them. I am sure someone will find some tweaks to the tunes that take into account exhaust system changes that can further improve HP & TQ gains... We shall see...