Mods to run...14s, 13s, 12s...thread?

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
I was just sitting up here at 3am thinking maybe we should have a sticky that lists the basic parts needed to run different times? So if a guy has a 12.7 goal he can just look here and see that GENERALLY to run those times you need such and such mods...I was thinking a child forum for each time slot...and then have the people that are currently or have in the past run those times post the mods they had at the time.

For example My goal is to run 12.99-12.75 in the 1/4...in general what mods best help with that??? Now all the guys post their set up when they used to run those times or currently run those times.

This make sense? I am tired, sorry guys.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

ok mine (right now)

98 gt
pi swapped (less heads) baby ported npi heads
diablo tune
4.10's
upper/lowers
cobra diff with carbon clutches
upr x pipe/ bassani's
cai/ 75mm tb and gms upper plenum
stock clutch (slipping quite bad)

ran 13.80's at 100mph with a 2.2 60ft.

parts coming: lt's ported pi heads and hitech or mhs cams.. im looking to go mid 12's around 110mph

2002 GT

JLT RAI
75mm Throttle Body
Trickflow Plenum
Mac o/r h-pipe
flowmaster catback
eibach sportlines
MGW short shifter
4.10's
Tune
Weight reduction (no back seats, spare tire, jack)
15" rear rims w/ MT ET Street Dr's

13.17 @ 104 w/ a 1.7 60'

Looking to hit 12's as it sits right now..maybe with some skinnies and some better driving.

Mark 8 shortblock
FFrp Shorty Headers, clutch
Pypes o/r X, and catback
Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
JLT cold air intake
P.P 75mm Throttle body
RPM (knock off c&l) plenum
24 lb injecters
17 in hoosier drag radial

12.7 at 108mph with a 1.8 60ft

My goal is 11.99 - 11.60 all motor and no weight reduction

Will, your avatar :notnice:

:flag: Mark

Biggest thing I would do, is get traction and seat time. A nice set of MT/bfg drag radials on a stock car is a lot more fun than a bolt on/geared car for the average driver at the track. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to get out of the hole, or having bad track prep. The first 60ft is very important to your overall ET.

It allows you to get consistant, decent times and learn to hit your shifts. With just DR's, a decent DA, and seat time, you are good for 13's.

Will, your avatar :notnice:

Aww, what's wrong with Jack? You know, he took that Mountain Dew back from Chuck Norris....

And it's just a temporary thing, for the Season 8 premier in about 24 hours (pun very, very intended :D). In other words, I'm excited about the new season. :banana:

not all SOHC 4.6s are created equal, just ask the 96-98 NPI guys that start out running mid-low 15s...

Very true. My first trip to the 1/4 was with PI cams and intake, and best I could do was a 15.2. Since then, I have gotten an offroad midpipe, custom tune, UDPs, and some good weather, and I went 8.98 in the 1/8, which is probably good for a very low 14, maybe high 13. I plan on going back in the spring (to the 1/4) before I put my blower on, just for before and after purposes.

So to get to the 13's on an auto NPI, you are going to need: offroad midpipe, PI cams, PI intake, UDPs, tune (primarily for tranny shifting purposes), good weather, good track, and some seat time.

13.2 @104
1.8 60ft

Line loc, shifter, firewall adjuster, pulleys, clutch quadrant, cobra clutch, k&N in stock air box, 75mm throttle body, c&l upper intake, stainless coil connectors, bassani x pipe, flowmasters, 4.10's, auburn posi, sniper tuner