Mods = Warranty Void?

04_GT

Apr 7, 2004
Just curious as to the mods that can be done without voiding my warranty? I just drove my 04GT off the lot about 3 weeks ago and I am looking forward to making some mods, just not excited about voiding my new shiny warranty so soon.

Thanks.

BTW- Had my stang for 3 weeks, already been keyed twice. :damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

The easy way to buy aftermarket is to make sure the part in question is 50 state legal. Get with your service manager and be up front with him/her and if he/she is a good manager will be up front with you. They(the dealership) already know what they are willing to deal with. If aftermarket parts are installed and have a problem with the car, the dealership will have to prove that the parts caused the problem if they will not fix the problem because of the nonstock parts. Do not put an offroad x pipe, gears, shifter, cat-back, NOS kit and take the car back with a broke axle expecting them to fix it with "excese rubber in the rear fender wells".

I have spoken with the service manager @ the dealership and he was pretty up front and honest with me about things. We didn't get to go into alot of detail (hope to soon) but he said that only about 10% of stangs that come in for warranty work have had no modifications done to them, the other 90% are all modded up.

Its only a matter of time before the warranty gets voided out my something or other. Just didn't want to void it 2 months after I got the car.

Thanks for the info. :flag:

yeah I would do a catback and then put some miles on it. do little things untill you get some seat time. I did things like shifter and midpipe and just saved the old ones and new if soemthing happened I would throw the stock part back on. some dealers would proably work with you but might want to do the work. for exmple some places may let you run 3.73's if they put them in or something like that. Really depends on the service manager.

i just bought a 04 3 weeks ago also. I have a MRT O/R H pipe on its way with 40 series flowmasters... Sooo im guessing i just blew the warranty on my exhaust or did I loose more warranties than just my exhaust?

Tampa04GT said:
i just bought a 04 3 weeks ago also. I have a MRT O/R H pipe on its way with 40 series flowmasters... Sooo im guessing i just blew the warranty on my exhaust or did I loose more warranties than just my exhaust?

Just keep the stock midpipe to swap min if anything breaks. With the modest power increase of a cat-back system I doubt yout dealer would give you any hassle. I work at a Ford dealer I would say 75%of the mustangs we work on have cat-back systems, and k&n filters. We never bat an eye at them.