Monte Carlo SS

Well I was driving back from school the day before Thanksgiving, and this guy in an Monte Carlo SS (Newer model, not sure what year) comes up to my left and just sort of hangs there.

I didn't want to race him because it was in broad day light and there are tons of cops here in Leesburg. If I did punch it, would this guy have smoked me?

It is quite strange how they are supercharged and only put out 240 hp, when we are N/A and put out 215.

• Sponsors (?)

Well first off they are SC'd V6's they have pretty good power up top and just average down low. My stepdad has one I have drivin it on a few occasions, It feels nice and drives good but i'm very unimpressed with the power, although i'm unimpressed with the stock power output of a GT stang too (94-95). stock for stock you have him into third after that he'll move on ya pretty good. My fathers cant keep up with me at all, it's fun to see his face when I do a flyby.

They are "not" v-6's.You are thinking about the turbo 6 in the Grand National.The monte's had 305's and were slugs!! You would have wasted him!! BUT,,they are a real popular car to put worked 350's in! You have to be careful.

willys1 said:
They are "not" v-6's.You are thinking about the turbo 6 in the Grand National.The monte's had 305's and were slugs!! You would have wasted him!! BUT,,they are a real popular car to put worked 350's in! You have to be careful.

No he is talking about the new ones. Not all of the SS are a 240hp SC V6. Most of the SS are 200 NA. I think 2004 was the first year of the 240hp SC V6. And I think they are FWD.

Dustin

SuperDust22 said:
No he is talking about the new ones. Not all of the SS are a 240hp SC V6. Most of the SS are 200 NA. I think 2004 was the first year of the 240hp SC V6. And I think they are FWD.

Dustin
Oh yeah,,I forgot they are making them again!!How are they in the 1/4? Peace :nice:

well my buddy had a 94 5.0 with a cam and some exhaust so it wasnt stock and it was fairly fast and he raced another buddy in a 99 GTP which if im right is the exact same engine and from a 30 mph roll the mustang pulled maybe half a car and the the GTP came pullin past pretty hard then they ran from a stop and the GTP didnt even spin and my buddy in the stang just got off it because he knew he wasnt gonna catch him. so to make a long story short he probably would have beaten you maybe not bad but he still would have won.

get real the engine in a gtp is not the same as the monte...and the gtp engine has 260 hp stock...also a stock gtp only runs 15's maybe dipping into the high 14's...and not to mention that a gtp has a crappy atx transmission..

ANY 5 speed mustang will take a gtp easily from a stop or a roll...especially if the stang has gears,it will easily pull the gtp from a stop or a roll...

if your friend got beat by a stock gtp...and his car is a 5speed he needs to sell his car to someone that knows how to drive...

and to answer his original ??? a monte ss would NOT have beaten him period,unless he can't drive...

the gtp engnine use to 240hp, that is the same engine that is in the monte carlo now. I think it is the 3800 Series II motor. The new GTP are the Series III, I think rated at 260. Anyless there is almost nothing different between the Series II and III.

Dustin

BTW, those things can be very quick, they are SC and repond very well to cheap mods. GM claims that to be there bullet proof engine. They can take boost. You should take one stock with a 5 spd an auto will lose trust me. Oh and I am talking about the GTP. I havent seen any 2004 Monte Carlo SS or Impala SS yet at the track but they should perform close to the GTP.

I ran a buick GS (newer one) which i think has the same supercharged 3800 engine from a 60 mph roll. It hung with me for a second but as soon as i hit 4th i started to pull pretty well, i was impressed with its power from that speed, not sure how they are from a stop. :shrug:

Think what you want to chrisilversvt the engines are the exact same and stock for stock the S/C 3800 series engine will be the stock 5.0 auto or 5 speed now if the 5,0 was modded of course it will be the SS or GTP it should beat it with mods. BTW my friends 5.0 was an auto with no gears but either way it wasnt stock and he just got beat thats all there is to it. Also the same day the GTP race a new 5 speed GT and stayed dead even with it so there alot quicker than people give the credit for.

3.8 S/C 240 hp vs 5.0 215 hp N/A
just think about it what should win?

my brothers 97 sho beat a 99 gtp. and that is a 3.4 v8 vs. the gtp supercharged motor. both rated at around the same hp. a 5sp mustang should beat a gtp from stop or roll.

i know they are the same 3800 series engine,i was stating that the gtp motor makes more hp stock....

and fyi a STOCK 5speed 94-95 stang will beat a STOCK gtp from a stop or a roll period....look up the times online and you will see....a stock STANG will run in the mid to upper 14's,and a STOCK gtp runs 15's........

also remember that a stang makes more torque,and the gtp is front wheel drive,and are all automatics.......so from a roll a stang will leave a gtp(which if i'm not mistaken hasa speed limiter as well)

I understand what your sayin im just tellin you ive witnessed my friends stock GTP beat a lightly modded, auto 5.0 and run dead even with 5 speed 4.6 GT.
I know the stangs have more torque but if the stang spins off the line and the GTP or SS doesnt its gonna have to make up some pretty good ground because the SC is gonna keep pullin pretty good while the stang has to get traction the start pullin.
Im just letting you know ive witnessed both from a stop and a roll and the outcome was the same both times the stang got beat. :shrug:

i didn't know you meant an auto stang...but i do know that gtp's can be made fast i have a very good friend that has one,and it is even a couple tenths faster than me in the 1/4,but i eat him alive from a roll....i think alot of has to do with his junk tranny.....

just because you've witnessed one auto stang lose to a gtp doesn't mean in the real world that a 5speed stang with a competent driver will take a gtp or ss every time stock for stock...