More good stuff - TSBs

• Sponsors (?)

afixer, thanks so much for posting these TSB's. I went in yesterday for the ever present axle whine & popping in front end. I took these with me, What a suprise! The tech writer didn't get defensive or offended that I had brought copies with me. I typically have very bad luck getting dealers to even acknowledge that I might know what I'm talking about.
Question is, has anyone had success with TSB 05-20-2 being done. Rear axle rebuild opposed to full replacement.

dhavi4226 said:
afixer, thanks so much for posting these TSB's. I went in yesterday for the ever present axle whine & popping in front end. I took these with me, What a suprise! The tech writer didn't get defensive or offended that I had brought copies with me. I typically have very bad luck getting dealers to even acknowledge that I might know what I'm talking about.
Question is, has anyone had success with TSB 05-20-2 being done. Rear axle rebuild opposed to full replacement.
I JUST got home from picking up my stang at the dealership for the tsb's on rear brake pads and rear axle dampner kit and it is very quiet now. I did'nt think it was a big problem to begin with but with all of the tsb's I get them all just because I can and they have all been worth it!:nice:

Kosif said:
We can have these things done even if they aren't acting up at the moment?
TSBs are not recalls, they are a tools to allow a dealer Tech to repair a given condition quicker and therfore cheaper then he or she otherwise would have been able too. Therefore, dealerships are not supposed to perform the repair unless the condition is present. However as some one said above if you tell the writer that you're experiencing the symptom of whatever TSB, there is a good chance that the Tech will look for TSBs for your particular condition and perform the repair wether he verfies the condition or not.