Motor plat on 460 fox body

stang89460

Dec 31, 2007
Just ordered a front motor plat from S&W racing for my 460 fox swap.... I tried to make the motor mounts work but I didn't like the way it looked so I'm going to try this route. if anyone has any cautions please let me know... also I have the mounts that have never been on a running engine for sell cheap cheap
thanks call or drop a line thanks Deric 620-617-4299

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Deric, is this going to be a track only car? If you are going to run it on the street you might reconsider the plate. It will transfer all the noise / vibrations directly to the interior. I have seen a plate type with mounts where it rests on the front rails. This would be better for the street.

Be cautious of how you mount the engine in the bay. If you mount the motor slightly off-center or misaligned via tilt, the vibrations can become extreme and you will experience a loss in power and reduction in part life. If the plate will be the only method of mounting I would recommend you find yourself some high quality bolts to use. Normally, the plates are used in conjunction with regular motor mounts. I would highly recommend that you utilize both.

Here is a picture of how I initially mounted mine (though it has changed a bit since this photo).

stang113.jpg