Motor/Transmission Problems....Again

351carlo

Mar 9, 2004
Philadelphia
Alright guys. Put my Edelbrock 600cfm on tonight, and it ran great (Compared to what I was trying to work with before). Problem is, I still get a miss, and then when I begin driving it, it stumbles. The whole car just hesitates at moving. I get the feeling sometimes the transmission is slipping, but others I feel is the motor stumbling.

Bigger problem. Bring the car out onto the local freeway, and it downshifted from 3-2 at WOT. Guys, this was not a fun thing to listen to. It scared the living daylights out of me. Why would I be downshifting from 3-2? I also have been having trouble upshifting 1-2, it takes abnormally long (Revving the same RPM for quite some time, even if the throttle is floored). I got the new A/T Filter and fluid, so hopefully that'll be good. I'm also replacing the Vacuum modulator at the same time, and possibly running a direct new line straight to vacuum feed off carburetor or manifold.

Any suggestions here guys?

351C with FMX
Carlo

• Sponsors (?)

did your shifter fall outta place? mine does that occasionally... just plop it back in position and keep going. check vacuum to the tranny and tranny fluid too.

yes, i need to rebuild my transmission :p

as far as hesitation goes, try messing with the timing as well as any of the carb settings (air/fuel ratio, idle speed, etc). as long as it runs well otherwise, its probably a minor tuning issue.