Motor Trend says we lose to the vetee...just a little

ahhh

Vettes suck hehehe jk actually i like them, but like the look of the stang more and Vettes are over priced IMOP

2.80 pulley and chip....less than 1k in mods on a cobra and its faster than a vette no question.. spend a little more and you are in Viper territory...for45k less and a car that doesnt look like a bat mobile!

I wouldnt mind owning a vert vette for toying around town, but for all out power and racing you cant beat the cobra.

• Sponsors (?)

Miklowcic said:
Vettes suck hehehe jk actually i like them, but like the look of the stang more and Vettes are over priced IMOP

2.80 pulley and chip....less than 1k in mods on a cobra and its faster than a vette no question.. spend a little more and you are in Viper territory...for45k less and a car that doesnt look like a bat mobile!

I wouldnt mind owning a vert vette for toying around town, but for all out power and racing you cant beat the cobra.

here's a bonestock 04 that trapped higher than your "no question" pullied cobra:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_zo/

11.97, as is from the showroom :D

oh yeah

and I dont know why you are quoting me and putting me down on this thread. If you dont even own a mustang go back where you came from...or better yet come to the track where I'll KICK YOUR AZZZ JK :rlaugh:

oh your from TX guess that wont happen.....

I can spin the tires a little and run a higher trap speed... I dont race for trap speed I want a good ET and the win!

and if the day comes that I get beat by a stock 04 vette, then Ill work up my car a little more and still beat the Vette for thousands less and best of all....in a Mustang! :hail2:

no need to get your panties in a wad because you didn't like what I linked. You're the one that made the hasty generalizations. It's not made up, thats every bit as reputable a mag as mmff.

Speaking of mmff, I heard evan smith did run a stock Z06. Not sure of the year, but it was an 02+ or later. I think he ran even faster than this mullet at gmhtp. This all took place up in "your" neck of the woods.

and for the record, we all know what I'd do to you at the 1/4. Dallas, Tx ain't that hard to find. :rolleyes:

JBVobra said:
here's a bonestock 04 that trapped higher than your "no question" pullied cobra:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_zo/

11.97, as is from the showroom :D

Ahh.... Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....

I'm sure all the planets were perfectly aligned the day that 11.97 was run. It's a great ET for sure, and something to really be very proud of, but it was a freak run and I'll bet he can't repeat it consistantly. It's like the 12.5 I ran in my snake the very first pass I ever made in it. Weather was great, track prep was great, etc... I haven't been able to repeat it yet... even with more HP/TQ and better tires....

U.M.

JBVobra said:
you think that 11.97 is fast for a blind squirrel, take a look at this one UM:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51353

thats a friend of mine that lives in Baytown about 5 minutes from HRP. He's the blindest of the blind squirrels.

YUP! I read that one right after it was originally posted! It sure did stir up a world of ***** in the Terminator camp when it was originally posted! Lots of people calling BS and all... Again very impressive, but impossible to do consistantly without a lot of things being perfect or near perfect.

So what's the fastest 1320 for a stock Cobra? Last I heard it was a 12.4 run by Evan Smith at 113 or something to that effect...

U.M.

I'm not sure UM.

I actually heard of two guys at HRP running 12.2s in '03s that were otherwise stock, besides removing the air filter completely. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it will pick up some boost automatically, especially on a cold night. I think it was like 48 degrees.

Straight off the showroom, I think Evans 12.4 times are probably the fastest.

12.4x is the quickest I've ever heard of in 100% bone stock trim (nothing removed, changed, or added). In addition to Evan Smith, a guy name Kenneth Risher went 12.47 @ 113 this past spring up in the Midwest.

I'm going to keep mine stock till this winter for the sole reason of trying to beat that when the weather gets good on the east coast. I've never been worth a damn when not on a tire, but I want to give it a shot anyways.