MRT H-Pipe w/ Flows

MNDZA

Banned
Apr 21, 2004
Chicago
I just ordered the MRT Catted H-Pipe with American Thunder catback. I will install it as soon as it comes and will post clips. Hopefully everything goes good. I ordered the 02 extensions with it as well because I heard that those are required.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd love to here some quality sound clips of your new set-up. This is the exact combo I plan to end up with if it sounds good (which I can't believe it would not sound good!)

FYI - I actually spoke to MRT a month ago and they said that most people who buy their catted H pipe do not ever have to install MIL eliminators. When you say "O2 extenders" do you just mean that they relocate the stock O2 bungs so you need extenders? Or are you referring to MIL eliminators?

Subscribing . . . .

I hope to have my MRT H-pipe installed this weekend, although with stock cat-back for now. I believe I read in another post that the O2 sensors on the 2004 Mustangs are located differently thus requiring extenders with most aftermarket mid pipes. Maybe someone else can confirm?

yeah I wrote that post last week about having to have the extension wires.

Im having my MRT stianless Off - Road H pipe installed on friday with 2 chamber flows so we will see how that sounds and if I really needed to spend the 100 bucks on the mil eliminators and 02 wire extentions.

From what I have seen and heard others had to use the extentions on the MRT Off Road (No Cats) H pipe and the company I ordered from said He had to also so I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

The Mil elims are up to you, if you dont want a check engine light to possibly come on then I guess use them but, I think they may be require for the off road H pipe with no cats.

As soon as my pipes are installed il drive straight home and post on here if I really needed to use the mil eliminators and 02 wire extentions to give you guys a heads up so you dont waste your money.

I will be posting video and sounds im curious to see how 2 chamber flows will sound compared to your setup with the american thunder catback.

Friday at 2pm .... cant wait!!! No more mr nice guy exhaust.

KaPPaBaLL said:
send it right back. The american thunder catback comes with 2chamber flows.. :banana:
I'm not sure the difference you are trying to point out? Tampa04GT (what's up bud?) said he ordered 2 chamber flows and you're stating the AT catback comes with 2 chamber flows (which is correct).

Anyway, Tampa04GT, the difference in sound will be minimal and the difference is cost is substantial. If you can afford, I'd go with the full cat back with slightly larger and fully mandrel bent tubing. But, honestly, the late model's exhaust is not that restrictive. The flows and the especially the O/R X will give you much better 'flow' and the sound we all know and love. :D Enjoy!

twogts4us said:
I'm not sure the difference you are trying to point out? Tampa04GT (what's up bud?) said he ordered 2 chamber flows and you're stating the AT catback comes with 2 chamber flows (which is correct).

Anyway, Tampa04GT, the difference in sound will be minimal and the difference is cost is substantial. If you can afford, I'd go with the full cat back with slightly larger and fully mandrel bent tubing. But, honestly, the late model's exhaust is not that restrictive. The flows and the especially the O/R X will give you much better 'flow' and the sound we all know and love. :D Enjoy!

misread. i thought he said HE HAD the american thunder catback. Disregard my last post. :flag:

how much louder is the mrt catted h-pipe than the stock h-pipe? I am definately considering getting this mid pipe but I don't think I can go with an off road pipe yet.

I want something a little louder that the stock h-pipe to accent my flowmasters but not anything over the top. I do a lot of highway driving.

it is definitely louder than the stock. Anything is louder than stock. About how much i do not know but the off road is much much much louder. I think you'll be fine with a Catted MRT pipe. Do you want to pay $499 for one? whoa :o

btw.. do you have any intake mods?

yeah 500 is a grip, huh. But I guess I might have to pay it to keep my car from screaming too loud and I might be moving to a state with sniffer emissions soon.

If it wasn't my daily driver, I'd be all over the off road pipe!

Thanks

Ok guys I just got back from the shop.... had my MRT O/R H-pipe installed with 2 chamber flows!!!! Uhhhh can you say "cop magnet" I know il get a ticket its loud!!!! way loud!

Cant even hear myself think around 2000 rpm's.... next mod a beater car.. cant drive the stang everyday and expect to keep a license...

Will better induction cool down the sound alittle?? maybe a CAI???

And ladies and gentlemen,

That is the reason I'll probably go with the catted version! Off road might just be a tad too loud for a daily driver for me. I get enough cop attention already without the exhaust. Not that it matters though because Detroit cops seem to only pick on ricer exhaust, not muscle cars. But I am about to move.