MUCH BETTER track times last night! with track PICS! COME ON IN!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
ok i ran my stang at the track again last night, it was pretty much PERFECT weather for racing, it was cool but not too cool and just was perfect. no humidity or anything just a plain GOOD day to race.

as some of you know i went last weekend also and ran 13.65 @100 mph
seemed low on power. it turned out to be TOO HUMID that day and i talked to some people and their all seemed to run slower

well last night i was pretty happy with my results.

first pass i ran a 13.67 @ 101.7 with a 1.8 60'

i thought ok doesnt run any faster you know

second pass felt real good didnt know what to expect
i got my slip and got a 13.37@ 102.86 with a 1.8 60'
i was like wow never knew my car had it in it

3rd pass wasnt so good haha
ran a 14.66 @96 with a 1.9 60'
didnt get a good burnout, spun them a tad off the line and as soon as a hit second it broke em loose and it was just a crappy run lol we all have them

4th pass i ran a 13.66@ 101.97 with a 1.9 60'
i started to think i had a good tailwind helping me on my 13.3 pass, i didnt think i would get it again

5th pass my hope was restored
i ran a 13.38 @102.93 with a 1.9 60'
i was like YEAH it wasnt just a lucky run the car can actually run this

6th pass was my best E/T of the night
[email protected] with a 1.9 60'

ALMOST got 103 mph lol

i am happy now my car can consistantly run 13.3s
found my magic tire pressure too, it seemed to work best at 15psi, their 26x 10.5 ET streets.

the car DOES FEEL like it has a high 12 sec pass still in it, those last 2 passes, i really got to dialing my car in, was getting good and getting a feel for what it likes.
BUT on those last 2 passes i ran with a 1.90 60'
if i can find another good day and get that 60' to a 1.8 it may want to go 13.1 or so, at least i HOPE

and the launch is the hardest part. it feels strange, its not spinning b/c its getting the decent 60' but the ass of the car moves side to side like its spinning the tires

its hard to find a set RPM to launch at, it seems to act a tad different each run, i just give it the RPM and hope it works out.

i am hoping a nice suspension upgrade would help me out, i already have SFCs and am hoping some nice adjustable shocks/struts, upper lower rear arms and drag springs would help out with the launchs and get to where i can pop 1.7 60' consistantly or maybe dip into the 1.6's i think that would get my car into the 12s.

so do you guys think i can get her to dip into the 12s with just the suspension stuff?

how much E/T would u guess i could pick up with.... adjustable shocks/struts/ eibach drag springs,rear upper lower arm kit?

but overall the car ran EXCELLENT, i am happy with the results and it feels alot more like where it should be with my mods, if you dont know my mods look in my cardomain page in my sig i think i can get into the 12s, the car ran good but i felt i could have squeezed just a tad more out of it last night, but it was late and it was closing time. but i still left very satisfied.

and here are the pics

these arent fromt last night these are the ones from the last weekend where i ran slower but u can still see my car in action

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

i red lighted this pass but note the small wrinkle in the tires lol ;)
IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

yes i know i need new headlights haha!

the guy who takes these pics for the track is GOOD at taking pics!

well let me know what you think.

i am thinking of upgrading the suspension now and maybe a power adder later on.

• Sponsors (?)

You really should drive around the water box and back into it, spin A LITTLE BIT and then heat'em up. Your front tires are dragging water ahead of the rears and when you sit at the staging light, water drips from the tires and rear wheel wells, which your back tires drive through while they're trying to hook.

mods are

thumper ported e7s
typhoon intake
b-cam advanced 4 degrees
CAI
pullies
70MM TB
73mm MAF
holley 190lph pump with adj reg.
bbk headers
OR h pipe
dynomax bullet mufflers
KC clutch
Zspec 2.95 t5 w/ steeda tri-ax
Alum DS
3.90 gears
SFCs

i have already taken the front sway bar off

i am looking into the stuff i said int he original post
drag springs,
adjustable shocks and struts
and control arms i am hoping that will get me 12s

Sway bars gone, thats it... 100% original untouched 145,000 mile crap! Thats why I keep telling you, it can be done with some practice and more working at it.

very impressive, which car in your sig is doing this? is it a stick or auto??

and what rpms are u leaving at? are you flooring it or playing with the gas??? etcc etc

i see

the way my car feels like it spinning off the line, it feels like i can play with the gas and get a better launch but people tell me i am not spinning and the slip shows i am not lol

i only have one quadshock on at the moment so that may making it feel funny.

Say "Hello 12's"!! just remember you ARE Heavy!! and the 60 ft times are soft.. every .1 off the 60 is .2 off the Qtr ET!! Suspension is the Key now!! Dont get crazy for the 12's and start throwing $$ out there, cool?? Front end is the place to start, ONLY after you get the rear right.. ( missing quad shock.. ) your MPH is a 12 sec pass.. just think.. 1.7 60 ft and you are 12.90's !! fun HUH?? and that is just hooking it up!! Dont touch the bottle.. or you will taste a 11 sec pass...lol

Just me..........................................

Thumper