Muffler replacement

I just purchased a 2003 V6 Convertible Mustang. Before I start using it next summer (lots of snow here), I would like to replace the muffler in order to have it sound a little better.

I do not want to spend a lot of money on a cat-back system or faked-dual, I just want to replace the original muffler with something like Dynomax, Flowmaster or MAC.

Does anyone have any suggestion? I'm looking toward a more musclecar sound (without adding the missing 2 cylinders :D ) while being able to hold a conversation at cruising speed.

Thanks in advance.

Michel

• Sponsors (?)

wellllll it wont sound good if u jusst get one muffler. and people will prolly make fun of u. and it is kinda ricerish. i sugest just getting GT takeoffs. its true dual. it will look pretty bad ass. later when u get some money throw some flowpaths on them.

JOSTANG75 said:
Flowmaster 40 Series 2 chamber muffler

if you're only replacing the muffler don't get Flowmaster, it'll be too loud for the way it looks. I've seen a couple of really loud mustangs with the stock tailpipe and it just looked plain dumb. IF you just want to replace the muffler get mac muffler, it'lll make it sound a little bit louder and deeper, but not stupid, just a little nicer, and you wont' be hearing it from the inside, flowmaster you will.

i just got a 95 5spd and it came with headers true duals into either stock or some kind of crappy turbos and then out with some chrome tips. but it has 4 cats 2 on each pipe which i will have to delete and put on some cherry bomb turbos. how would that sound. right now you barely hear it since the mufflers are stock

dastang2 said:
i just got a 95 5spd and it came with headers true duals into either stock or some kind of crappy turbos and then out with some chrome tips. but it has 4 cats 2 on each pipe which i will have to delete and put on some cherry bomb turbos. how would that sound. right now you barely hear it since the mufflers are stock

If you have true duals just change the stock mufflers to whatever aftermarket muffler that you want.

I would go with a stainless steel muffler since your whole system is stainless from the factory and you don't have to worry about it rusting. I think a stainless steel Magnaflow would sound good. Also a Dynamax Bullit muffler might sound good, I have 2 of them on my car and it sounds great kind of like a stock GT.

i'm not talking about the cherry bomb glass packs but i have an old 460 truck out here that has a dual exhaust and turbo mufflers. they have cherry bomb written on them. they look like stock mufflers if it did not have cherry bomb stamped on them.