Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords and the 05 GT...

• Sponsors (?)

iviustang50h said:
MM&FF seems to have tested the 05 GT in their new issue.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/toc/mm_toc/

Does anyone have that issue? If anyone is going to run a good 0-60 and/or 1/4 mile it's MM&FF. Please post numbers and scans if you have this issue!!! :D
I have the issue, and unfortunately MM&FF request to Ford to do "instrumented testing runs" was denied until later in the year. So their "testing" was limited to some Michigan traffic and a few laps around a closed track. Sorry.

mach1dsg said:
come on guys, could one of you with a 05 GT go to a 1/4 mile track and test the dam thing :)
we want to see the numbers before any rag can show theirs .....

I will be this weekend. One of my friends has a little timer thing you stick on the windshield and it reads times and MPH.

Yep, its the G-Tech pro and it is extremley accurate. I live in the desert and the closest track to me is 4 hours away, so if someone wants to send me about $100 for gas and another $20 to get the car on the track, I'll be more than happy to do it :nice:

05 track times

The november edition of Motor Trend has a nice article on the 05 including a little stint on the drag strip and a dyno. The dyno numbers are 267 bhp@5275 rpm and 283 lb-tq @ 4350 rpm. The 1/4 mile time is 13.6 @99.9 mph. Now that is with an auto .