Mustand Dyne #'s for my 02 V6

02ponypackage

Apr 7, 2005
Florida
As of now I only have a Pypes off road Xpipe, MAC cold air intake, Flowmaster mufflers, and a Tune by Sniper Tuning ..........which on 2ot 2 pulls the total Hp to the wheels are 196.1 and for the Trq. at the wheels 228.2 this was done a mustang dyne which happens to be dead on accurate and this is to the wheels not the crank......a dyno jet puts out 15% inaccurate numbers Mustang Dyne is what people need Im getting cams, springs, and shorty headers soon il post more numbers eventually..... www.snipertuning.com check them out

• Sponsors (?)

If everyone uses a dyno jet, it doesn't matter. Everything is relative to each other and accurate so its an even comparison among cars. But yeah, the mustang dynes give more precise numbers.

In any event, races are won tracks and not computers so poo on dynos ;) (no negative connotations intended for dyno-tuning)

this has nothing to do with racing or being at the track....obviously i already know this...its about what my bolt ons with a tune on a mustang dyne come out to so others can see an expected power range....and about dyno jet not giving the true numbers its for better insight so when doing comparison dont say its the same because its not......with my numbers a dyno jet would say 215rwhp and about 250rwtrq as opposed to the mustang dynes 196rwhp 228rwtrq maybe lower and less satisfying but i rather have the truth as most would agree

02ponypackage said:
this has nothing to do with racing or being at the track
Upgrading your car has everything to do with track results. Granted it may be off-topic regarding the nature of this post.

02ponypackage said:
and about dyno jet not giving the true numbers its for better insight so when doing comparison dont say its the same because its not

I didn't say that.

02ponypackage said:
with my numbers a dyno jet would say 215rwhp and about 250rwtrq as opposed to the mustang dynes 196rwhp 228rwtrq maybe lower and less satisfying but i rather have the truth as most would agree
Say for example, you ran your car on dyno-jet. You find some other dude who ran his car on a dyno-jet. You both whipped out your charts. He has 220hp and you have 250hp. You know your car has more power. Same goes for the mustang dyne. However, if you compared your 250hp dynojet chart to a guy who has a 190hp mustang dyne chart, you wouldn't know for sure who would have the more powerful car. And a car usually won't pull the same numbers 2 times in a row. Or on different days. Or even on the same day. So there's even error in that. So there is no "truth" to begin with. It's all about even comparisons. Dyno-jet charts vs dyno-jet charts and mustang dynes vs mustang dynes.

AP1995V6 said:
If everyone uses a dyno jet, it doesn't matter. Everything is relative to each other and accurate so its an even comparison among cars. But yeah, the mustang dynes give more precise numbers.

Please note the usage of "accurate" for dyno-jets and "precise" for mustang dynes. There's a huge difference in those words. And neither accurate nor precise mean true.

dyno jets add a 15 % increase to the actually rear wheel as a Mustang Dyne doesnt...it adds vehicle weight and drag it will face with the wind when driving unlike a dynojet.....when i ran my car on the dyno with a tune it changes but back to back no tune its no different....therefore if a car next to me runs 3 times no tune as for me as well its gona be almost exactly the same numbers for both...now if i have more hp on a dynojet then him then i will for the mustang dyne......but when comparing sum1 on a dyno jet to a mustang dyne the numbers may be higher on his but realically the lower numbers on the mustang dyne are a hell of a lot more precise and may be more if he to got on a MD and saw those numbers.........all im saying is the MD throws out the most precise numbers outa ne dyno given the place it sits....altitude and weather is always a factor but either way its gona put more precise numbers then ne dyno in any condition yeah they mite be off with changes but not as much as another dyno.......all i know is i raced a Integra GSR today with the kids gf in the car...he starting flooring it a little in front of me so did i catching up...at the lite i told him all that exhaust is doing is making noise...and his gf smiled and laughed....he didnt like that to much...Next light i asked if he was going on the highway he said no then said i wouldnt wanna embarass you then I said please unless its a Type R with mods then I doubt it he shrugged and said well its a GSR...im thinking hmmm w/e....I say thats nothing he shruggs...and says well you have twice the engine i said no i dont he asked its a V6 ? i said yeah but I can race a GT...he has this look on his face of determintation and his girlfriend ask him something as says I can beat him...I look at him like wha ? I said you wanna run now he shrugged again why not...gf all smiling and happy....light green open road....1st gear i let roll then 85%throttle cuz no Tlok...then floor the rest...im half a car....shift into 2nd and real soon 1 1/2 car lead looking back and waving saying bye bye....his gf wasnt smiling nemore tho : / she must be upset he lied saying he can beat me...silly guy...eaten by a V6...he probably thought he would win...

this has nothing to do with racing or being at the track....obviously i already know this...its about what my bolt ons with a tune on a mustang dyne come out to so others can see an expected power range....and about dyno jet not giving the true numbers its for better insight so when doing comparison dont say its the same because its not......with my numbers a dyno jet would say 215rwhp and about 250rwtrq as opposed to the mustang dynes 196rwhp 228rwtrq maybe lower and less satisfying but i rather have the truth as most would agree

So let me get this straight, you're getting those #'s with only a CAI, exhaust, and tune? Are you forgetting to tell us something? You're numbers seem a bit inflated to me...

Once again to make clear 196.1 rwhp and 228.2 rwtrq which was done on only 2 tunes since i only paid for 3 pulls on the dyno and the 1st just showed what i had with bolt ons and the Sniper program flash