Mustang factories

Jenns05Stang said:
:nice: Thanks. See, I can learn something new everyday. :cheers:

Any place I can read more on the modern automotive assembly line? I would like to see how they do that... :hail2: ...

Thanks again.... I love to learn, so I always keep an open mind. It would appear that I have a lot to learn in general, Sir. I am still "Under Construction". :)

Jennifer

Off the top of my head I don't know of any good books on the subject. I used to work for a machine tool manufacturer that sold equipment to Ford, GM & Chrysler, so I've spent a lot of time inside various auto. plants (mostly engine & transmission not final assembly).

What I would recommend is that you take a tour of a final assembly plant. For quite a number of years the average person could not take a tour, they were cut to save costs. But Ford has been very accomodating to Ford product clubs. MCA had tours of the old Dearborn pant and I've seen Wixom in operation when the Lincoln LS Owner's Club has their annual meeting @ Wixom.

Even better is now that Ford has refurbished the old Rouge plant, Ford is once again giving tours to anyone. You will probably need to reseve a tour spot in advance as the Rouge tours are very popular.

• Sponsors (?)