Mustang Stereo Question

Steve69

May 11, 2005
Hey Guys I have a older Jensen Cd Player with a older Alphine Amp running some rear 6x9 pioneers 150 watts. I also have a Subs and front Speakers that our 120 Watts. I was running a off Brand Amp to run the front speakers and Subs and it started acting up. It was draining my battery down. Im question is should I buy a high end stereo head to run my front and rear speakers and use my Alphine to run my Subs? I think most of newer head systems have a out put of 50 watts per channel. Other option I thought about is keep the Jensen and installing a higer end 4 channel amp to run the
Front and Rear speakers and use the Alphine for my subs. I know this is Mustang Tech but I know you guys are running nice systems and would more than likely in Tech and not in Car systems. Thanks Again

• Sponsors (?)

Those are ILS rating on the stereos. If Lightning Strikes. There is some other problem if that is draining your batt. Do you mean it sits for a week and won't start or the head lights dim when the bass hits?

Thanks for the help guys. So a 4 channel amp is the way to go. I was thinking I wouldn't get much drive from the stereo alone to power the speakers. When I pulled the fuse on the amp I didn't have any problems with the battery drain down. I also noticed some big time popping with the cheaper amp when I was listening to tunes. Thanks for the help.

Steve69

sounds like you might want to make sure the amp is wired to a switched power source. if its wired strait to the battery, that may be causing your problem.