Mustang vs. Camaro/Challenger

We all love our Mustangs to be sure.

But would anyone here give up their pony to get the new Camaro or Challenger?

Let's say money is no object... you can have ONE of the following:

1) 2009 Ford Mustang GT
2) 2009 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
3) 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Money is no object... you cannot sell the car for a quick investment... and you have to keep to drive.

Which would it be?

• Sponsors (?)

Can I just keep my 2007 Mustang GT? I Don't want to turn it in for an 09, the 07 is already annoying with the douches added TPMS to the car.

Whats next is my trunk closed senor, is my door closed senor, oh yeah they already have that too..

Mustang F T W ..

I'm on my 5th mustang thats been in my family.

Be nice maybe with these new cars coming out we'll finally filter out the Casual Ford Fans and people and they can go back to their Dodges and Chevys that were non-existant for the last few years and get back to having hardcore ford people.

First off, I would not give up my current Stang! If I added a car to the stable, of those 3, I'd say the Challenger gets the nod as the Camaro is fugly both inside and out. If I had to give up my current Stang, then I'd replace it with the '09 Stang! Gotta have a Stang as long as I can!

To answer my own question... I think I, too, would take the Ford.

I would stay with the Mustang... although the Challenger is also quite tempting. But I gotta stick with the pony.

I also have not been a fan of the new Camaro. I think Chevy is way late to this party and they will soon price themselves out of the market and by 2012 the Camaro will be discontinued once again.

Oh yeah, and the Mustang will STILL be going strong.

Buy your challengers now.........
Dodge will not be in Business in the next few years.....
Yes the Goverment saved them once.....
But the Goverment will not want to save a company from Canada...
Yep Mercedes got rid of the company to a Hedge firm from Canada.
You will see a fire sale at dodge in the next few years.....So get your Challengers nowwwwwwww............

Money's no object?
Then I would definitely keep the Stang as opposed to either of those two cars.
But I might spend the unlimited supply of coin on a GT500KR.
Other than that, with no end of funds, I'm thinking lambo, ferrari, etc.
I do not like the overall style of the other two cars you mentioned.
Some of their design cues look decent but the package as a whole leaves something to be desired.
Unlike the S197, which is nearly flawless in design.
Just my opinion of course.

I'm one of those 4th gen Z28 boys who bought a Mustang in 2005.

I wouldn't buy a Challenger because it's big, fat and it's too big and last generation Mercedes. Although I like the looks and will probably love them in the metal, there's something not quite right about it's abundant girth.

The Camaro was a puzzle. Initially i didn't like it then I loved it and now, I'm going off it again because it looks pretty plain from some angles. However, although I'm going to reserve my final opinion, the spy shots of the interior look like total crap - nasty cheap plastic and horrific design which would put me right off it.

I'm also not so keen on those front lights on the newer spy photos. However, I would never say never to a car with perhaps some intake slots and a boot spoiler, an upgraded interior and an LS6/9.

But for now, I've not seen anything to make me want to sell my S197....which surprises even me. That's based on the car not to any allegiance to GM or Ford either which I've never see the point in.

I'd take the 09 challenger, forcasted to be slated with the 6.4 Hemi versus the current run 6.1

I wasn't too sure about the challenger at first, but got an upclose view of several of them on a media pass and public pass this week via the Chicago Auto show. I'm really liking the large size even though it hinders the car quickness wise.

I wouldn't give up my mustang to have it. I'd have to buy and have both in my garage.. I'd have to have the dark charcoal metallic, or the light silver.

Here's a few shots:

img0279zv6.jpg

img0270zy4.jpg

img0268yw0.jpg

img0266bh6.jpg

img0264zd3.jpg

img0263pt6.jpg

Simple
First car I ever drove. My moms '66 coupe
My first car '68 fastback
My first NEW car (one not a family shared deal,,ie the jeep, F350, bronco, ect ect) 2005 GT Mustang, made in Dearborn on the same day as my wife’s birthday. In the same basic color as my moms '66.

My answer? It would be a mustang no doubt. Wife works for Chevy.. I' no we'll never own one, even as a 2nd, 3rd or more car.. NEVER. Dodge is a distant second...behind the Ford.

well i would love a s197 that could lay ls power down. we can try as hard as we want, but we cant compare with the ls engines. the 350's are sick with just H/C/I swaps. dont even start on the 6.0. we need FI to even come close. yes i love getting 22mph, but it costs to much to run with ls based cars. all three look great in my opinion, but hp means alot to me. it will cost us about 5K to get 400 to the wheels. you can do it for 2k in an ls based car. oh well i am just venting. ford give us the option for a bigger bore (6.0) or better, and dont over price it.

just my .02

well i would love a s197 that could lay ls power down. we can try as hard as we want, but we cant compare with the ls engines. the 350's are sick with just H/C/I swaps. dont even start on the 6.0. we need FI to even come close. yes i love getting 22mph, but it costs to much to run with ls based cars. all three look great in my opinion, but hp means alot to me. it will cost us about 5K to get 400 to the wheels. you can do it for 2k in an ls based car. oh well i am just venting. ford give us the option for a bigger bore (6.0) or better, and dont over price it.

just my .02

You will also pay more up front for the camaro and challenger which will offset the cost of 'upgrades' down the road.

Well from what I'm hearing from the dodge gang is that the new challenger weighs in at around 4100 pounds and won't have a manual option the first year. It's in the mid 12's, it isn't as scary for us mustang guy's as first thought. With a few bolt ons and some good meats we could reach over and wipe it's nose. Were giving up 125 hp, but can get half of that back through weight and the tranny. Still looks good and a runner for sure, but not so scarey anymore. An aluminum driveshaft and a set of slicks, who knows!!!