Mustang Week Date Change

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Mustang week next year ( 2017 ) has been changed to Sept. 4th through the 10th.

I kinda stumbled into this info. I'm so used to being there in the 90+ heat. It'll be kinda nice in September but I have no idea what I'll do with the kids.

Are any of you planning on going ? What do you think about the change ?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd be way more inclined to go then if I had a mustang.

But it's not a "other Ford" friendly event, so I'll have to miss it.
Its a non mustang friendly place. Well....you might not be able to park anywhere.

I'd hang out with you....
I always see Chevy's and ricers all over the place down there.

Reactions: 1 user
This will be my first Mustang Week, i'm so excited about it.

My son Andy and i will be there. Possibly my wife too if she is able to make me feel guilty enough.

Reactions: 2 users
Look,....I've been to two of these things now.

I'm "tenured"

The red car was panned there. the pricks on the SVT forum used it as a punching bag.
It got compared to this "other" Fairmont as deserving the most hideous award.

upload_2016-12-14_18-51-56.jpeg

I do not need another "worst car at the event" badge because it isn't a HCI'd 93 SC'd Mustang.

Now, believe me,..I'd like nothing more than to cross the country in this thing w/ several of you guys meeting up along the way. Especially if I DIDN'T have to worry about keeping the wife entertained. Especially X2 now that it isn't gonna have the temperature measured in Kelvin as opposed to just degrees...And it'd be cool if there wasn't a large contingency of S197/S550's in attendance,..but the fact remains that those naval lint mongers will be like vermin,..scurrying all over the place in their noisy ass cat back me-toos.......ready to spit on anything else that isn't one of their group.

Give me a all ford event like Carlisle where the rodents are confined to their own little pen...

Reactions: 1 users

I'm "tenured"

The red car was panned there. the pricks on the SVT forum used it as a punching bag.

I do not need another "worst car at the event" badge because it isn't a HCI'd 93 SC'd Mustang.

Now, believe me,..I'd like nothing more than to cross the country in this thing w/ several of you guys meeting up along the way. Especially if I DIDN'T have to worry about keeping the wife entertained. Especially X2 now that it isn't gonna have the temperature measured in Kelvin as opposed to just degrees...And it'd be cool if there wasn't a large contingency of S197/S550's in attendance,..but the fact remains that those naval lint mongers will be like vermin,..scurrying all over the place in their noisy ass cat back me-toos.......ready to spit on anything else that isn't one of their group.

Give me a all ford event like Carlisle where the rodents are confined to their own little pen...

Never been :(

Honestly-Is there really a 'Worst car at the event' award?
The Red car was(is?) gorgeous- down right brain dead if they tried to group it in with a Low Low fairmount

I'm "tenured"

Rent a mustang then...like 25℅ of the people there. I don't know about the numbers....but I know you can't find a mustang for rent within 1000 miles during mustang week.... How do I know ?....cause I tried to rent one. Lol

Rent a mustang then...like 25℅ of the people there. I don't know about the numbers....but I know you can't find a mustang for rent within 1000 miles during mustang week.... How do I know ?....cause I tried to rent one. Lol
You know,.........

You'd think that most people would get a feel for the way I think after only reading a few things that I say or write.
You must also be one of those guys that are ignoring me.
On what frosty day in Hell do you think I'd rent an S550 Mustang to be one of the hoard?

Well....bring a BMW....or a Mini.....either way bring yourself. Or someone might kidnap you and bring yourself for you....with a box on your head.

See I pay attention.

I also paid attention when we had a conversation about your red car at Mustang Week. The conversation you forgot because you weren't paying much attention. Oh....and you don't even remember the big black guy that was awe struck by your skill. You were even honest about the paint being the only thing you didn't do. Lol

My car was there, too. It was the run of the mill 89 gt convertible painted svo blue pearl ( only thing I didnt do ) with IRS, fiberglass front end, fiberglass trunk, 10 point cage, carbed with a blow thru hat, custom 3000 watts worth of stereo ( to help with traction), and sharpened body lines. Kinda stood out a lil' bit.

I pay attention....very close attention [emoji106]

I know you wouldn't drive an s550. Too easy for you. Below your choice of style. Mad scientists don't drive cars like that.

Now, book a room already....I'll be at the KOA camper resort with a 5th wheel ( the in-laws). You can't miss the Stangnet meet and greet.....if there is one.

Bring the Monster so you can stand out in the crowd of " look at me.... I'm just like them ". They'll be trying to figure out why all the guys with Stangnet shirts are are parked around you.....wearing our cameras on our heads. You'll be the coolest guy around showing those young punks what ford hot rodding is all about. Spark the fire for people to dare to be different.

Your red car was such a breath of fresh air....in the sea of grabber blue and yellow car clubs. The only other car that I looked at, almost as long, was the black resto mod by someone's booth. ( see....I didn't pay attention to them ).

The Gila Monster is a ford.....and its built on a fox platform....that's good enough.

That's as close to begging as you'll get from me, sir.

Well....bring a BMW....or a Mini.....either way bring yourself. Or someone might kidnap you and bring yourself for you....with a box on your head.

See I pay attention.

I also paid attention when we had a conversation about your red car at Mustang Week. The conversation you forgot because you weren't paying much attention. Oh....and you don't even remember the big black guy that was awe struck by your skill. You were even honest about the paint being the only thing you didn't do. Lol

My car was there, too. It was the run of the mill 89 gt convertible painted svo blue pearl ( only thing I didnt do ) with IRS, fiberglass front end, fiberglass trunk, 10 point cage, carbed with a blow thru hat, custom 3000 watts worth of stereo ( to help with traction), and sharpened body lines. Kinda stood out a lil' bit.

I pay attention....very close attention
emoji106.png

I know you wouldn't drive an s550. Too easy for you. Below your choice of style. Mad scientists don't drive cars like that.

Now, book a room already....I'll be at the KOA camper resort with a 5th wheel ( the in-laws). You can't miss the Stangnet meet and greet.....if there is one.

Bring the Monster so you can stand out in the crowd of " look at me.... I'm just like them ". They'll be trying to figure out why all the guys with Stangnet shirts are are parked around you.....wearing our cameras on our heads. You'll be the coolest guy around showing those young punks what ford hot rodding is all about. Spark the fire for people to dare to be different.

Your red car was such a breath of fresh air....in the sea of grabber blue and yellow car clubs. The only other car that I looked at, almost as long, was the black resto mod by someone's booth. ( see....I didn't pay attention to them ).

The Gila Monster is a ford.....and its built on a fox platform....that's good enough.

That's as close to begging as you'll get from me, sir.

Well,......Damn.:oops: You seem to have me at a.............. disadvantage.

I do not remember you to save my ass.

(I did only talk to about a bagillion people there,..you must forgive me.)

You go all this time and you're just now getting around to saying the we actually met 4+ years ago.
You were just waiting for this one in a million opportunity to btch slap me w/ a reality check then?

Let me turn back the Mikehistory-odometer...............

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...s-im-the-owner-and-a-can-of-bars-leak.859524/

You haven't been a member here that long,... you just got here early last year. What happened to the car you're talking about?

Well,......Damn.:oops: You seem to have me at a.............. disadvantage.

I do not remember you to save my ass.

(I did only talk to about a bagillion people there,..you must forgive me.)

You go all this time and you're just now getting around to saying the we actually met 4+ years ago.
You were just waiting for this one in a million opportunity to btch slap me w/ a reality check then?

Let me turn back the Mikehistory-odometer...............

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...s-im-the-owner-and-a-can-of-bars-leak.859524/

You haven't been a member here that long,... you just got here early last year. What happened to the car you're talking about?
That car met the crusher....it had stress cracks all over the right side cowl and rocker area.

I wasn't on Stangnet then.. Didn't find out it was you till you posted a picture of the car in your thread last year.