Mustang wheels on Police Interceptor

eamustangs

Apr 30, 2005
Hi--I am buying a '98 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and want to dress it up with some 17'' Mustang wheels. Would they have the same hub pattern?

Thanks for your help--
Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you for your help--I need to add a subtle yellow pin stripe to it (it's black), mount Iowa Hawkeye plates, and find a used set of chrome 17" five spoke wheels and tires. I'll post pictures when I've got it all set up.

Adam

I find several Bullitt wheels for sale and I agree that they wouldn't look good. Here's the deal--I'm a Mustang fanatic that needs four doors for the Mrs. and two young kids. I find a set of used chrome 17" five-spoke Mustang wheels for this black monocromatic cruiser and I'll have a Marauder look-alike for 1/4th the price of the Mercury.

Thanks for everyone's input--keep it coming~

Adam

The Marauder look is awesome, you will have an excellent Crown Vic.

And I hear ya, I have a two year old and a seven year old and someday, I may not be able to own a stang :(

Hiltonizer said:
theres a pic in one of the recent MM+FF under the section where people send in photos. Some guy made his own SVT Crown Vic. Black with Bullit wheels... looks pretty damn tit in my opinion.
or maybe Fr500 wheels with a dish in the back...
i just can't get over the dish on a car like that!

Kilgore Trout said:
The Marauder look is awesome, you will have an excellent Crown Vic.

And I hear ya, I have a two year old and a seven year old and someday, I may not be able to own a stang :(

NEVAR!!! The kids can sit in the trunk for all i care. I will ALWAYS have a stang parked in my garage :flag:

Woodrow said:
they will bolt up no problems

Yes, the wheels will physically bolt on but the offset is all wrong. The wheels stick in too far and look like hell unless you use some spacers. Go to crownvic.net and check out the million or so posts on the subject.

BTW, same problem with Marauder wheels on an older Panther. Starting in 03, they adapted still a different offset so the Marauder wheels need spacers also. Also keep in mind those 18" Maruader tires are not cheap.

Thanks a lot, Big Steve. I'll check out crownvic.net. My '98 Police Interceptor has 73,000 miles on it and it's immaculate. It had to have been driven by a police chief that loved to baby cars like I do now.

Adam