Mustangs are canibalistic

I dunno these days with the summer weather I'm gettin everything from Eclipse GTs to Magnum SRT-8s, let alone other Mustangs, wanting to give it ago, but I never race anybody. I think cause maybe my exhaust is so loud so they think I wanna race or I am driving to race, but I just like to drive fast everywhere.

• Sponsors (?)

Most of the stang guys around here are alright, some of the 5.0 guys hate on modulars a lot but they never seem to wanna race :shrug: . The S197 guys are another story, I can't stand them. They always have this smug attitude, they never rev or wave back, and have no idea about the car they're drivin. I pulled up next to a guy in a roush to ask him what stage it was and he told me to go away, that's just a **** thing to do

They always have this smug attitude, they never rev or wave back, and have no idea about the car they're drivin. I pulled up next to a guy in a roush to ask him what stage it was and he told me to go away, that's just a **** thing to do

For the most part I agree with this. Lot of the newer owners seem like they don't have a clue. And that part about telling you to go away, what an asshat, he should have his Mustang license revoked, I'm always up for shooting the **** with another stanger in public wether it's at the local Qwikie mart or parking lot. :flag:

Yeah ... I gotta agree..... it does seem like the 05 up guys have a
high aloof... "I'm royalty and your a peasent" kind of attitude.
But no matter if they are cool or a jerk, when two stangs of any year model
line up side by side at a light, one or the other or both drivers may display
a "show of force" when the light goes green.

Where I am from, most people with mustangs are older. S197's are usually v6's, there are almost no fox bodys, and the SN-95 guys just do not want to do anything fun with their cars at all. The only other people I know with SN-95's that actually do stuff are this kid with an early 2000's saleen with a ton of stuff under the hood, and this other kid with a 95' with a paxton. They're the only people up for actually driving their cars, and I can't put up much of a "show of force" with my npi, automatic gt anywhere near them.

exactly^^

most times, i wont even bat an eye. around here, alot of people seem to buy stangs just to have them, and not really notice the obvious yet silent club they have joined. alot of older folks that are likely oblivious, even if i did wave.

you can always tell when someone is trying to better you though, its usually a young punk with the sideways hat (i just want to slap those bastards as it is)

sometimes ill rev as a way to say hi, not a show of force. its car communication, or something....

Its not just the New Edge stangs but also the S197 drivers, esp women and the "older" set.