Mustangs Plus....

In recent weeks i have heard grumblings about either the service or the inventory at Mustangs Plus(i can't remember exactly which it ws). Is this for a particular part or is it in general? I was wanting to buy their suspension rebuild kit with a few add-ons, but if i run the risk of not getting my parts on time or getting them at all...i might have to do some more homework. What are eveyones openions of MP and where else could i go to get a "reasonable" complete front suspension rebuild kit?
thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

You just had to ask...sit back and watch this sh1tstorm.

I order the kit you are talking about...I had no problems. The one mistake was that a late model spring was sent by mistake, they paid return shipping and replaced with the correct model. I have never had a problem with them, for suspension, or body panels. Be nice when you call and they will be nice to you.

You should shop around anyway...or are you dead set on Mustangs PLus?

Rebuild kits:
Mustangdepot.com
Virginiaclassicmustang.com
Mustangsunlimited.com
Texasmustang in Waco
P-S-T.com
National Parts Depot

Need more...just ask.

personally

I purchases the Mustangs Plus kit long ago and it all came in and was fine...

Their prices are not the most competitive...

Have your checked Dallas Mustang or Texas Mustang since you are right there in that area??

Shop around there are MANY places that give EXCELLENT service and many times are cheaper.

Everyone has a personal preference and everyone has had good and bad experiences.

Ron

I have had both good and bad results with M+ in the past, so basically I'm no help :D

I agree that Dallas Mustang and Texas Mustang are good shops but if you live in Texas and buy anything with a high price you have to pay the sales tax. Mail order from another state is the way to go with big ticket items. of course big items in terms of size/weight rather than dollars may be just the opposite. Shipping costs can be quite high and if you can drive up and pick up your own stuff you'll save $$$.

The only problem I had was dealing with the slack jawed, jello necked, drool spewing, vacant eyed sales associate :drool: that I was asking some simple questions about the painless wiring harness. It really did a lot to undermine my confidence in their tech support and their "knowledgable sales staff" :chair:. If I wanted to deal with those types of people, I would have gone to McDonald's.

The listed price is not always the sales price either. Tell M+ (or whoever) that you saw the same kit cheaper from vendor X and you will get a markdown (at least in my experience).

Above all....BE NICE...say "Thank you" and "Please".

Also, get the salesperson's name and always deal with the same person...I have had good luck with Jim (the sales manager).

I am a creature of habit, therefore, you find a particular place you like, and continue to do business with them they get to know you and you them. Makes for a more comfortable situation. That being said Mustang Depot has been my primary supplier for most all of my stuff. The girls there are great, and if they don't know something, THEY ASK someone who does and don't pretend to know. And their in Vegas, no sales tax baby!

For suspension you cannot beat American Pony. They are the US storefront of the Canadian manufacturer that made most of the suspension stuff for these cars when they were being produced in the 60s. There prices are cheaper than Mustangs Plus and you get the same exact quality parts. Make sure you specify the 4 riveted ball joints if that is what you car has since they carry both the 4 and the 3 rivet type. You cannot beat American Pony's quality or price anywhere in my opinion and everyone I have told about them has been very happy with their order and the price.

Just one more review of M+...

I've ordered from them about 4 times. 3 of those times they shipped the wrong part. Now, on their behalf, they did everything necessary to correct the problem, and in the end I did get what I wanted without any "out of stock" type problems. I managed to be calm and polite when I called (well, the first two times anyway :rolleyes: ) and they were very courteous when I called. This was when I first bought my Mustang, though, before I researched any other vendors. Had I know about all of the other vendors at the time, I probably would have moved on after the 2nd mistake.

Grant

Mustang plus is great I get all my awesome restomod ^tm parts from them.

err NOT..........

Everytime I have talked to an owner or son of theirs they think their **** doesn't stink.

Dad is cool and so is Ron jr (yokes).

If they think your not going to buy from them they don't give a **** about you but if your going to drop serious cash they roll out the red carpet.

AND whatever you do don't follow the tech advice on Richards 351w motor. The way they did the roller cam swap spells disaster for your valve train.

Hmmm, all good points.
What drew me to Mustangs Plus was the fact that i could get a "kit" with all of the necessary peices...without makeing 20 trips to NAPA or any other parts store trying to find crap that i forgot to buy the first time around (I.E. my disc brake swap - bad memories) Dallas Mustang doesn't offer or advertise any thing like this to my knowledge. I have done business with Mustang Depot in the past, with no problems. i might research that Canadian one and see what's shakin' there. i am basically looking to buy everything from beyond the spindles - does anyone know of any "kit" that is better than stock that won't break the bank?

no matter where you buy your parts from, you will still make twenty trips to NAPA...ooppps I forgot I need a thingamajig wrench, oh I need grease, ahhh I need a deep-well socket for the struts....etc.

Most of the parts houses are the same, just look around for the best deal on shipping and one that gets you out of paying sales tax.