Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

• Sponsors (?)

image-jpeg.559924.jpg

You're an idiot. That is all.
:leaving:
Ah Noobz, idiot is as idiot does.....

I've been spending the last few hours reading a post on the mustang source about a guy installing an ecoboost v6 into a 2010 mustang.

I got to the part where he finally got it started after a long period of getting everything figured out. I can't stand the sound of it. The blue car will have a v8 (ecoyote?).

Reactions: 1 user
I've been spending the last few hours reading a post on the mustang source about a guy installing an ecoboost v6 into a 2010 mustang.

I got to the part where he finally got it started after a long period of getting everything figured out. I can't stand the sound of it. The blue car will have a v8 (ecoyote?).

Link?

Yep, that's it. I'll have to get my son to show me how to do a link. @Boosted92LX

Great read about the problems with installing an ecoboost system into a mustang. This guy has some interesting fabrication skills.

Read post #824 on this guy's thread. He has a link to an excellent article on the PCV system under boost. He's mainly talking about the ecoboost system on direct injection engines. But what an informative article.

Gives me pause on what to use for a catch can as well.

Y'all SHOULD read it, very interesting. It has me thinking a lot on what to do in a boosted situation depending how I would set up a PCV system even with a non-di engine.

Yep, that's it. I'll have to get my son to show me how to do a link. @Boosted92LX

Great read about the problems with installing an ecoboost system into a mustang. This guy has some interesting fabrication skills.

Read post #824 on this guy's thread. He has a link to an excellent article on the PCV system under boost. He's mainly talking about the ecoboost system on direct injection engines. But what an informative article.

Gives me pause on what to use for a catch can as well.

Y'all SHOULD read it, very interesting. It has me thinking a lot on what to do in a boosted situation depending how I would set up a PCV system even with a non-di engine.

Ok, to post a link just copy and paste the url of the page you want to show.. The http/ blah blah stuff that appears in your search bar, and POOF! linky.

I read the write up on pcv catch cans for di engines, and while technically fascinating, it doesn't really apply to us, because mainly with the type of setup you'd run on our cars, you aren't going to route cc pressure back to the inlet tract.. In my opinion,(and lots of other hot rodders too, I'm sure) that's just creating too much unnecessary crap to worry over when you can just vent thru a can, then to atmosphere. I can see why on a new direct injected emissions laden vehicle that all might be necessary... But not on a turbo fox. :shrug:

Just my .02.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, to post a link just copy and paste the url of the page you want to show.. The http/ blah blah stuff that appears in your search bar, and POOF! linky.

I read the write up on pcv catch cans for di engines, and while technically fascinating, it doesn't really apply to us, because mainly with the type of setup you'd run on our cars, you aren't going to route cc pressure back to the inlet tract.. In my opinion,(and lots of other hot rodders too, I'm sure) that's just creating too much unnecessary crap to worry over when you can just vent thru a can, then to atmosphere. I can see why on a new direct injected emissions laden vehicle that all might be necessary... But not on a turbo fox. :shrug:

Just my .02.
I agree Allen, I'm just thinking ahead for whatever future the blue car will have. Plus it's a neat read about problems for the newer direct injection engines.

Direct injection would be such a cool thing for the coyote.

I believe I was overthinking it, I'm not sure how it may come into play with a modern engine and it's electronics for the blue car, or if it even will.

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f801/mustang-3-5l-ecoboost-engine-swap-538017/index72/
My first attempt to paste an article, thank you @Boosted92LX

I know this link was just a few posts back, I just wanted to paste for the first time.

I finished up reading his build thread.

I started reading it because he was putting in an ecoboost V6 in his mustang, really interesting thread with the intent that it would be a sleeper.

Got to the last few pages and sleeper status went out the door. He started having people offering all sorts of stuff, chassis, engine, tuning, etc.... It looks like it will be a drag car by the time he's done.

If you read through it, you'll have to give the guy credit for dealing with lots of crap. He had to redo lots of things, felt like I was back to looking at @RacEoHolic330 s build thread.

Scott, your car is much prettier though.

With it not being really tuned in and him being a total newb at the drag strip, he still turned 11.2s. pretty impressive considering the last minute stuff he was dealing with.

Just don't want that sound for my cars personally.

On the pcv issue - I tried all of it including turbo coupe pcv valves etc . My best results ? It capped off and having 2 -10 lines running to a catch can from each valve cover .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 2 users
On the pcv issue - I tried all of it including turbo coupe pcv valves etc . My best results ? It capped off and having 2 -10 lines running to a catch can from each valve cover .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
Luckily it's a ways off for me to have to worry about that. The interesting thing I got from that article was the review on catch cans. I'll research that a bit, even for Doby.

I started reading your thread finally Jeff, give me a couple weeks to get through that one. So, if you see a like from a post you made like a hundred years ago, you know what's up.

Hey, it's a NICE interior! If ihad the time, money, and patience, I'd be down with that like two flat tires.
I think what I'm going to do for the short term on the blue car is put doby's old seats in it just so I can drive it. It will have a beautiful interior of some sort someday though.

Luckily it's a ways off for me to have to worry about that. The interesting thing I got from that article was the review on catch cans. I'll research that a bit, even for Doby.

I started reading your thread finally Jeff, give me a couple weeks to get through that one. So, if you see a like from a post you made like a hundred years ago, you know what's up.
All good bro . A lot of banter and stuff in there . But just an average guy trying to build a halfway decent car . A lot of trial and error in that thread . Can't believe I've owned the Car that long now .

Reactions: 2 users
All good bro . A lot of banter and stuff in there . But just an average guy trying to build a halfway decent car . A lot of trial and error in that thread . Can't believe I've owned the Car that long now .

I started following that thread around the end of engine One-Or engine Two :) lol