My 351 build with pics

u can still put cleaveland heads on, all you have to do is open up a water passage if im correct. my brother was gonna do it on his mustang, but decided not to because he doesnt wanna **** around with the his engine block like that

• Sponsors (?)

there is also i guy putting ls1 heads on a 351. i aint saying it cant be doen but it aint a direct bolt on.

and i dont see how its possible. on a cleveland the water neck is ona block and the coolant doesnt pass through the intake. so there are no provisions for it. so how would you even get coolant to the engine? you couldnt use a windor style intake.

that "wieird spacer thing" on the cam is a cam balancer. you NEED that. trust me, i forgot to put it back on my car and it ran like crap. no lie, i stepped on it and wouldnt go any faster than 20 mph. I had to take off everything again and put it back on, and ran normal. dont go through the same trouble i did.

Maybe its because you were running out of fuel since you didnt put it back on there, WOW.....

and i dont see how its possible. on a cleveland the water neck is ona block and the coolant doesnt pass through the intake. so there are no provisions for it. so how would you even get coolant to the engine? you couldnt use a windor style intake.

ever heard of a boss 302? cleveland heads on a 302, is a bad mofo, those heads flow more air then ours ever could.. pre or something like that makes adapter plates so you can run one like that, i would like to see a clevor like that with some boost on it, and see how it does..

ok well another update, i'm picking up a set of 351W swap MAC L/T's. so i will have a set of MAC L/T's for sale for a 302 shortly. also will be selling my tremac 3550 fresh rebuild with ford racing billet steel flywheel (almost new 2500 miles) along with my spec stage 2 clutch (same milage as fly wheel and trans) plus a brand new never installed clutch disc steeda firewall adjuster steeda quadrant double hump cross member steeda slick cable 5.0 bell housing plus a pedal set shortly.will post pics of the headers in about a week. if intrested in the headers i will ship. the trans will ship also but would rather trade across for a built C4 complete ready to drop in P.M me if intrested peace

john:p

Ok well another update. UPS made a delivery to me today from summit! I got the AFR 185 with 58 CC chambers, comp hardened push rods FRPP billet steel fly wheel FRPP harmonic balancer,frpp 9MM black wires,ARP head studs,cam bolt,crank bolt,FRPP 8MM clutch bolts FRPP double roller degreeable timming chain. Still to come is the trick flow R intake and the comp gold race 1.6 roller rockers. All i need now is the dizzy and cam/lifter package. What injectors should i run? Will my 24# ones be ok? Heres some pics of todays shipment!

02070822131-1.jpg

351wflywheel.jpg

adjustabledoubleroller.jpg

View attachment 303371

balancer.jpg

boxofgoodies.jpg

eccentricthingy.jpg

hardenedpushrods.jpg

View attachment 303376

View attachment 303377

View attachment 303378

peace

thanks i'm waiting on the intake still it says it will be here the 25th :( then order the cam and lifters. i busted up my finger at work ysturday so it's in a splint now so i'm on hold for a few days. peace

Well this will be a slow build but hoping to have it in and running by the end of the year?!

Good luck on that. Make damn sure you have a complete plan before you buy too many parts and make the same mistake that I'm sure many of us have made in the past. Trust me, it's no fun selling your brand new parts at a swap meet for half the price you paid simply because you're a moron and didn't plan things out very well. Not that I've ever done that of course... I just hear stories... honest. :shrug:

But keep on it, my "short" project has been going on for almost five years and it's still not running. Hey... I don't think I put a cam balancer on there, maybe that's why it won't run! :stupid:

Well update. as of tonight all i gotta do is get the cherry picker from my buddies i might go tomorrow night to get it,i also need to get all the accesories off the front of the 302 and also the stuff off the lower intake. I did all the other stuff tonight it was a runinning/driveing car at 4:00 PM tonight and i had myself and thats it for help! So i'm thinking it should be a direct swap for what i've got so far. All i need is the cam/lifter and i will order that friday this week or monday next week. I feel i have a good set up so far but i am still woundering what size throttle body and injectors to use? I'm making my own fuel rails out of alumn at work. So whats everyones ideas for injectors and a throttle body? I have 24# now do i need to go bigger? peace

both those mounts will be custom made by me,or i'll go manual rack? but since no power is robbed or lossed going stright theres no reason not to really go without powersteering. peace