MY 85 NOTCHO PROJECT

dragin92gt

Nov 6, 2007
HEY yall, some of you may have saw this project on corral.net. but figured id expand it to the world.
to start w/ i gave 800 cash for this ride. a pretty much rust free(dismantled) 85 coupe. i was never a big coupe fan, but up here in the boondocks, theres hatchs everywhere.
so i ended up parting my rustbucket 89 gt to build this. it had a 347 w/ victor jr heads and intake(now in the coupe) :D, a 2 gear aod:ban:, coiloverd tubular k member, disc rear(not in the coupe yet)
WELL LETS GET TO THE PICS. ( any advice, critisism, or yada yada yada, go ahead with it) mind you that i bought it the end of jan and had to deal with the winter BS.

jtscoupe007.jpg

jtscoupe009.jpg

jtscoupe012.jpg

jtscoupe013.jpg

jtscoupe014.jpg

jtscoupe015.jpg

jtscoupe016.jpg

jtscoupe017.jpg

jtscoupe018.jpg

jtscoupe019.jpg

jtscoupe020.jpg

jtscoupe022.jpg

jtscoupe023.jpg

jtscoupe024.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

aafaaa090.jpg

aafaaa093.jpg

aafaaa094.jpg

aatattt002.jpg

aatattt004.jpg

aatattt006.jpg

aatattt007.jpg

aatattt008.jpg

this spot had no factory spot welds. wtf. no damage just no welds:mad:
aatattt009.jpg

aatattt010.jpg

aatattt011.jpg

AND THE ENGINE, O THAT DAM THING. LOL
THIS WAS OFFICALLY THE LAST RIDE FOR THE 89 GT(RED), WAS A GOOD OL CAR, HAD ALOTA FUN W HER. BUT NO RUST BUCKETS IN MY GARAGE :flag: R.I.P. U OL GOAT:flag:
SETN ON A BUCKET, LOL BURNIN EM UP
1ST GEAR
motor033.jpg

2ND GEAR
motor034.jpg

motor030.jpg

motor035.jpg

motor036.jpg

motor037.jpg

motor040.jpg

motor043.jpg

AND THE SUSPENSION
gggg004.jpg

gggg006.jpg

awesome002.jpg

awesome003.jpg

awesome004.jpg

awesome012.jpg

Excellent, love a nice four eye to Aero swap :nice:

:leaving:

EDIT: Does the intake not clear the stock hood? I understand the convertable motor mounts sit the engine lower :shrug:

actually it does rub a lil. i had to cut the Y BRACING out of the center of the hood monday.

i actually suprised that someone complemented the swap. most people hate it:flag:

Get over it people, once again he saved a car from a life of rotting away. Its his car, let him do his thing. I woulda left it 4 eye personally, but this trend of jumpin on someone for swappin is gettin annoying, as if any of us are Fox purists in ANY way. :rlaugh:

If you dont like it, dont do it, but I dont think theres a person on here that doesnt think the car looks a hell of alot better now than it did sittin on the trailer in the first couple pics.

ANYways, keep it up and have a blast. Its a good lookin car with a potent powerplant and even tho, GOD FORBID, its not a virgin 4 eye, I bet it still a fun ride!
Matt

I'm not jumping on anyone:shrug:

personally I dont see the big deal about swapping parts between aero and 4 eye cars.

Not talkin bout anyone in general, especially not you since you didnt even mention it, but it seems like the popular thing to do lately and its annoying to me. One person says its dumb and un-holy and how the owned sucks and the rest follow up so as not to stand out or possibly be mistaken for someone who doesnt care what kinda front end is on it LOL. To each his own!
Matt

That and it seems he swapped everything that the Coupe didnt have over from his GT, which is pretty resourceful! With all this said I woulda left it 4 eye but that just because I fell in love after seein a buddy's 4 eye coupe drag car and have been huntin one ever since. My next mustang will be a 4 eye T-top coupe...and itll stay that way LOL
Matt