My 88 GT Vert

Onefine88

Previously 89SSC18
10 Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
2012-03-13_17-11-04_940.jpg
2012-03-13_17-07-48_262.jpg

I don't think I've ever posted any pics of my '88. Although I am proud of this one, I'm always whoring my SSC and this one gets left out. LOL

My wife and I bought this car new back in December of 1988 for a whopping $17,600 bucks. It had 12 miles on it. It was her daily driver until mid 1991. We bought her another more comfortable car with an auto tranny. The vert was then put in semi-retirement and parked in the garage with 91K miles on it. Now it has 126K miles on it and still has the original clutch believe it or not.
In 2003 I decided to take it apart, restore and dress it up. Nowadays its only used for carshows and cruises.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn, that thing is F'n mint, BUT do you realize the wheels are on backwards? Haha! The "fan" blades are supposed to move air out from under the car as they turn forward.

BTW, I really like the body modifications you made. Very tasteful!

Ha Ha Yeah I get the wheel comment alot. LOL I did that on purpose to be different. I think the blades look more aggressive like that. (I'm weird I know)
I appreciate the complements guys. I'll post an engine bay pic later tonight or in the morning.

I forgot to mention besides car shows and cruises, it occasionally gets beat on at Little Talledega in Alabama.
Here we are road racing a couple yrs ago. Still had the big wing on it. I've made a few minor cosmetic changes since then.
Randy7.JPG
Randy13.JPG

Damn, that thing is F'n mint, BUT do you realize the wheels are on backwards? Haha! The "fan" blades are supposed to move air out from under the car as they turn forward.

BTW, I really like the body modifications you made. Very tasteful!

When I was teenager my friends and I use to roll up on old people driving Caddy's and Crown Vics and tell them "Your tire if going forward" just to see if they would pull over. A high percentage would always pull over, get out and look at the wheels.

Thanks! Yes you will love the 93 Cobra wheels on your vert. I'm running 245/45's up front and 275/40s in the rear.
One last pic: Nothing major here. Just simple bolt ons including Ported upper/lower stock intake,FRPP 65mm tb, cia, MSD distributor, coil and wires, underdrive pulleys, Flex-a-lite extreme 185 fan, Strut tower brace, and lots of shiny. The exhaust consists of FRPP ceramic coated shorties, Bassani catted X, with 2 chamber Flowmasters catback. It all resulted in 239rwhp/298rwtq. I have a FRPP aluminum drive shaft and 3.73 gears. Its sitting on Saleen Racecraft Springs that have been trimmed to my liking. KYB adjustable struts and shocks. MM isolators, MM full length subframe connectors(welded), 4point K-member brace, UPR caster camber plates. I have kept it 4 lug using 73mm SVO style front calipers, 88 TBird Turbo coupe rear disks, and SVO master cylinder with a line mounted FRPP proportioning valve.
2012-04-03_15-14-07_712.jpg

I appreciate the "perfect" compliment. It's not the original paint. I worked for two months blocking the body and primer making it perfectly straight.
After I applied the color and clear, I spent many,many more hours block sanding and polishing the clear.
Then I reassembled the car.

It is the original color, "Medium Scarlet".

How is the ride with the 17s? I am going to change my lowering springs and struts to something with a bit better ride. Do those tires fit ok? I was also thinking of going with a black top, but after seeing yours I think I will stay with white. Do you have any other pics? Like of the rear, oh hell, just more pics. That thing is NICE!

It rides fine on 17's. Yes the tires fit great. Although I rolled the fenders when I repainted the car to compensate for future larger tires.
Per your request: These are older pics with different wheels, taillights, ect. I now have a Saleen "Personal" steering wheel and '85 "Halo" headrests. Don't have any fresh interior pics.
1.jpg
Picture 1548.jpg