my car is quiet!!!! (bad)

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
ok here guys, I have had 6 mustangs now 4 of them being 5 liter machines, and all of them have been loud really loud!! this car used to be 100% stock with some flowbastards and was louder than now, now its got a built up 302 10:1-1 comp, x heads, typhoon intake, headers o/r pipe and the same flowbastards, I crank thee up today, and I was like damn!! I cant hear it!! I drove it down the road, its like a stock car with flowmasters... WTF? I mean around 5-6k its loud, but not ear bleeding loud like my 86gt with alot less work...

im gonna put up a sound clip of it tomorrow of it idling, but damn im confused?

it runs like a raped animal (you can choose any animal for your own imagination enjoyment) and will absolutely kill the toyo's in 2nd from a roll and pulls very very hard as well, so thats good, but its like a stock car, absolutely kills the experience for me, I need bullits =)

ok thats it for now...

• Sponsors (?)

I think my '84 has everyone on Stangnet beat for the title of Quietest (Running) 5.0 Fox. The thing's as friggin' quiet as the '90 Lincoln Town Car I used to have. Stock Y-pipe to a single cat, single muffler, and single tailpipe. :(

So yeah, I kinda feel your pain, mang. ANYTHING, even a pair of Dynomax Super Turbos, would be an improvement over what I've got on my car right now.

I hope my Magnaflows last the life of my coupe 'cause that's what i'm sticking with. How/when do you like it loud? All the time or?

I love how i can cruise past the police station without getting every cop in the parking lot turning their heads and watching me pass, yet still when i drop the hammer it screams as loud as anything you'll hear on the street.

86gtstang
[/URL][/IMG]

see I told you guys its loud lol, I couldnt find the good camera, so it sucks, but the tapping noise is header leak ftl....

but it is a very fun combo, milled, slightly ported x303 heads, stock cam -2, ported typhoon intake, all the bolt ons, no a/c smog or ps to keep the belt short, and less parasidic loss.. the thing is alot of fun to drive, alot like stock, but around 3k rpm it comes alive and rips!! I might put in a cam soon but I want to see how she does with the degreed stocker first..

I have BBK long tubes, OR H-pipe and Flobastards (i am so stealing that :D ) and my car is always loud but my buddy with cheep shorties, MAC H-pipe and the cheep series Bassini cat back and his car is absolutly obnoxious. At idle is sounds like a big cammed engine, but when he gives it any throttle it freakin shatters my ears. If I am behind him I can hardley hear my car at all :rlaugh:
Besides the Long tube,xpipe and SLP whatever their loudest one is, was the loudest car I ever heard and would set off car alarms at a great distance. It was on a Cobra though and at 5 grand it sounded like a NASCAR engine with a jet turbine attatched to it :drool: