My day has finally come.

mackey

Jan 25, 2003
Beverly, Massachusetts
Well it is finally my time. My dad has told me that after Christmas i am getting a 94/95 Mustang GT. After spending many months working on my 5.0 Tbird I am really looking forward to this car. I am looking for a 5 speed 5.0 GT. That is basically all i want! What are the trouble spots/major rust spots that I should really look for when I am buying one.

• Sponsors (?)

mackey said:
Well it is finally my time. My dad has told me that after Christmas i am getting a 94/95 Mustang GT. After spending many months working on my 5.0 Tbird I am really looking forward to this car. I am looking for a 5 speed 5.0 GT. That is basically all i want! What are the trouble spots/major rust spots that I should really look for when I am buying one.

not really any rust issues w/ them unless it was washed in salt. Just look for something thats in good condition, somewhat low miles, and was well taken care of and you will be fine. Good luck :nice:

Hamilton MA. Near Beverly. I drive a T-Bird 5.0. Alot of people have seen it :)

asdf.jpg

Look for low miles and an air silencer (for the bone stock buy), look at the seats and stuff for hard wear, broken seats, ect. Not a whole lot wrong with the cars since the drivetrain was so well used in so many cars for so long, and the body style was quite stiff making it harder for squeaks to pop up.

Look for one w/ under 60-70k. Look for bone stock if possible. Whatever you get, get some time in the seat before you really get jiggy wit' it. A Mustang will not only be quicker, but a little more squirrelly than that road sled your used to driving. On a wet road it takes but a slight over nudge of the "go" pedal to clean out someone's fence row.
Have Fun
Be Careful

Yea, It is a turbo coupe hood. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nice cowl induction hood for these cars. I spent a year of my life working on the body of this car. It was rusted and a nice blue. I wish i didn't go to black. You can tell it is not a turbo coupe because no turbo coupes have the chrome front grill they all had a body over that with an emblem.

unclejackrock said:
Look for one w/ under 60-70k. Look for bone stock if possible. Whatever you get, get some time in the seat before you really get jiggy wit' it. A Mustang will not only be quicker, but a little more squirrelly than that road sled your used to driving. On a wet road it takes but a slight over nudge of the "go" pedal to clean out someone's fence row.
Have Fun
Be Careful

I can attest to this. I had a little brush with a cirb about a month after I got my car. We made amends. :D

Check the exhaust for smoke, oil leaks, the usual. As stated, if you can find one that has the silencer in it like I did... you'll know it hasn't been to the strip to much. At our track that's the number one thing we look for when a newbie pops the hood to let her cool down. LOL

BTW - Low miles aren't everything... I bought an 85 Blazer with 65k on the ticker... no rust of any kind. 3rd gear went out of it one month after I bought it. It had been sitting in storage for TOO long. :notnice: