My Excitement For The Day

• Sponsors (?)

2L8ULUZ2 said:
All of our speed devices (radar, vascar) have to be re-certed every 6mos and we have to use tuning forks when we start a shift on the radar and then again everytime we clear a traffic stop where we used radar. Not fortunate to have laser around here yet.

Everytime you clear a traffic stop? Im sure that gets followed :D We have to do ours at the start and end of each shift. And I do that everytime.. :rolleyes:

S/CBlack95GT said:
Everytime you clear a traffic stop? Im sure that gets followed :D We have to do ours at the start and end of each shift. And I do that everytime.. :rolleyes:

The one thing that was drilled into my head in rookie school is you can get away with a lot of stuff as long as you can articulate to the judge/jury as to why you done it. So yea it gets followed all the time, of course that is what is told in court. Oh and the dwi saying I was talking about just thought I would share so everyone could get a laugh.

DA: Officer in the time that you were with Mr. Drunk did you form a opinion as to his impairment?

Me: Yes sir I did.

DA: Officer Carter what was your opinion on the suspects impairment?

Me: It is my opinion that Mr. Drunk consumed a sufficient amount of an impairing substance as to appreciably impair his/her mental and or physical faculties.

That must be recited at every DWI trial in this state per general statutes!

Great catch on the ferrari.

Y'know, I always wonder to myself....if you were to see a well known stangnetter doing a small amount above the speed limit, would you stop them to

a) give them a ticket
b) say "Hey!" and talk abit about the recent stangnet crash
c) let'em go or try to race him yourself, or
d) give them a ticket, talk about stangnet, then ask to race...

xr8d302 said:
Great catch on the ferrari.

Y'know, I always wonder to myself....if you were to see a well known stangnetter doing a small amount above the speed limit, would you stop them to

a) give them a ticket
b) say "Hey!" and talk abit about the recent stangnet crash
c) let'em go or try to race him yourself, or
d) give them a ticket, talk about stangnet, then ask to race...

None...I dont stop people that are only doing a little above the limit. 15mph over is my criteria.

94gts said:
ouch....if she was hot then that's:bs:

I always to try to remember another little saying that I was taught by many officers in this situation... "The badge with get the pu$s* but the pu$s* will get the badge.

kristopher said:
Speeding in a bright yellow Ferrari is just asking to be pulled over.

So you enjoy being a cop? I had planned on being one for a while but realized im to shy and to much of a nervous wreck to confront people all day :(

It has its days. Some days when I can just pull people over and dont get calls I simply love it. Most of the days though are spent going from call to call, which I absolutely hate. This job also has given me a very poor attitude about people.

The things people do and say just blows my mind sometimes. I once had a guy stop in the middle of I-4 while I was working a wreck to ask me how to get to Miami. I asked the guy if he knew he was in Tampa. He was like "Yea, how do I get to Miami?" I just shook my head and told him to start driving south. Another guy got all pissed at me when I wrote him a ticket for pulling out in front of someone and causing a wreck. He thought the guy he pulled out in front of should have stopped in time and waited for him to pull out.

The pay is another issue. The state expects us to risk our lives and deal with all this BS for peanuts. If the pay doesnt get better I will be gone shortly.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
You dont have to answer if you dont want to but, how much does at police officer like you make?

I make about $37,000 base pay, without overtime or off-duty, which can add around another $20,000. I just hate to work a bunch of overtime or off-duty to make a living.

I probably should have stayed in IL and Id be making around 50K after 3 years.

S/CBlack95GT said:
I make about $37,000 base pay, without overtime or off-duty, which can add around another $20,000. I just hate to work a bunch of overtime or off-duty to make a living.

I probably should have stayed in IL and Id be making around 50K after 3 years.

Thats about what the pay is here in Arizona for a starting officer. I agree with you that the pay doesnt match what the job requires. There is some perks to being a cop though right? Good benefits? Get to be out on your own and not cooped up in an office.

kristopher said:
Thats about what the pay is here in Arizona for a starting officer. I agree with you that the pay doesnt match what the job requires. There is some perks to being a cop though right? Good benefits? Get to be out on your own and not cooped up in an office.

I do get to be out on my own, but that can suck in a sense because I dont get to socialize with coworkers. The benefits arent the best either. I have to pay about $50 a month for my health insurance, which I wasn't told going into the job. :bs: