My GT is here (PIC)

ltccarndt

Sep 11, 2004
Yes it is here in Overland Park, Kansas

The dealer has it on display in the showroom, but here is the bad news, they broke the shift linkage pulling it down from the truck!!!!!~ It could be Saturday (I doubt it) probably Monday or Tuesday for a new linkage to be fedexed from Detroit. Everybody, and I mean everybody, up and down the entire Ford chain of command in on this part shipment.

until then it can't shift. (Automatic Trans)

The window sticker reads: NOT FOR SALE, no price, and my name C ARENDT (sic)

As you can imagine I can't wait.

One TV news station there tonight, I have video collected on my VCR. Print and more TV is scheduled for tomorrow.

Can I sleep tonight, that is the question. :nice: :banana: :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey what dealership I live in Gardner,Ks.Mine is on order at louisberg ford. Did you order yours or did you buy it of the lot. Glad to se someone local on here. I jus ordered mine 1 week ago!

Sorry I didnt look at the pic first. I see now it is Bob allen ford. I do business with some of the guys there. I saved quite a a bit of money ordering out at Louisberg Ford $50 of dlr invoice. That is a sweet pic. Hope they get it fixed soon. I would love to see it upclose maybe we could hook up somewhere.

they are fixing your car before you even pick it up???? why are you letting them fix it and then sell it to you for a "new price"

either a: heavily discount that car or b: order the same car but a different one for you!!!

i wouldn't buy a new model car and especially pick it up after the linkage has been broken before you signed for it.

i would tell them to stick the car where the sun don't shine. they broke a brand new car and you are going to take delivery of a car that has been fixed already by ford monkies not familar with the 05. hey listen ill sell you the brooklyn bridge for 31 gs. :D

ltccarndt--

Congrats man! :hail2: I made a quick U-Turn when I saw it in the window as I passed Bob Allen Ford tonight - I live like 1 mile from the dealership. I might have left a puddle of drool outside the front door!

My mom has an '03 Cobra from Bob Allen, and she just got them to extend her warranty to 75K for free - it's been in their shop way too many times. I wouldn't worry too much about the shift linkage though.

I tried to get out to Extreme Ford last night to see one (the first GT in KC as far as I know), but it was ATI's and they had just picked it up when I got there. I hear they've pretty much got their blower kit ready to go, but they needed the car to fit the intercooler and piping. I'm excited to see what they'll turn out! :nice:

Wow congrats, and the car looks really nice. Too bad you can't drive it yet, but I guess since the car is a newly designed, it will have it's share of problems the first year; like any other car. Get back with a test drive as soon as you can. GOOD Luck.

A plan price

the price is set in stone, "A" plan as my wife works for FORD. So the deal is already sweet.

The General Manager is personally involved in getting it fixed. So is Ford, I'm sure they will make it right.

The mechanics there are hyped, lots of good will about their first stang. It will be done right.

ltccarndt said:
Yes it is here in Overland Park, Kansas

The dealer has it on display in the showroom, but here is the bad news, they broke the shift linkage pulling it down from the truck!!!!!~ It could be Saturday (I doubt it) probably Monday or Tuesday for a new linkage to be fedexed from Detroit. Everybody, and I mean everybody, up and down the entire Ford chain of command in on this part shipment.

until then it can't shift. (Automatic Trans)

The window sticker reads: NOT FOR SALE, no price, and my name C ARENDT (sic)

As you can imagine I can't wait.

One TV news station there tonight, I have video collected on my VCR. Print and more TV is scheduled for tomorrow.

Can I sleep tonight, that is the question. :nice: :banana: :rlaugh:

why did you buy an automatic?