My Gt40p Buildup

saully

Aug 2, 2014
Got a hold of a set of fresh built gt40p heads, (allready setup for a ho motor) and with all the info on here it is coming along nicely. Currently getting an explorer intake setup cleaned and redy to go on next. Im happy with how its coming together, figured id share it.

Attachments

• 20140801_143621.jpg
    20140801_143621.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks! Stickin with The stock cam for now. Budget build but next id like to go with an e303 and 1.7 rollers. I think i need to look into the piston valve clearance though.

If it's a stock post '86 engine, the E303 cam should work without issue. If it were me, I'd install the cam now while the top end is apart. They can be had used for about $100 and doing it now is a lot less hassle than doing it later.

Swapping out to roller rockers is only a matter of pulling the upper intake and removing the valve covers. So that would be a much easier job to tackle later on.

If it's a stock post '86 engine, the E303 cam should work without issue. If it were me, I'd install the cam now while the top end is apart. They can be had used for about $100 and doing it now is a lot less hassle than doing it later.

Swapping out to roller rockers is only a matter of pulling the upper intake and removing the valve covers. So that would be a much easier job to tackle later on.

Yeahvthats a good point. I was looking at a speed shop here, ford racing setup, hard pushrods, lifters, cam for around 400 out the door. Ive looked at a few used cams but i question used engine parts. Not a bad idea though to stay in budget. I could skim the classifieds here i suppose. Im over budget as is, wife is a lil upset lol