my headlights suck!

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
my lights point low on the ground, the bulbs are semi new (5-6 months) but are not very bright, and the light is kinda yellowed. its even worse now after my 2" drop, now i have that much more light aiming down. and just this week i raised the rearend a little, so now the lights are really pointed down :bang: anything i can do to fix this problem? i dont wanna spend too much btw.
also, will these clear headlights help any?
click

• Sponsors (?)

Get some silverstar healight bulbs, and readjust the aiming of your headlights.

I believe 99-04 headlights can be adjusted up or down by an allen wrench on the backside. Not sure though.

The clear headlights are the same as you have now, only with clear corners..no amber reflector (hence "clear")

99-04 adjust with a phillips screw driver... pull up to a garage door, adjust just a LITTLE, test drive, repeat till it is perfect...

And yeah, the Sylvania Silverstars are worth the $38 in my opinion.

I take my car to a dark parking lot and use the lines to adjust my headlights. I put them where I want them, and where they'll put the most light on the road before they start getting dim from being too high. The 99-04's have a very abrupt cutoff thats why I suggest using a parking lot, the lines are easy to judge by. Adjust your fogs the same way, that will make a difference also (headlights must be off to see pattern). Also, do what the other guys say, buy some Silverstars!