my hood is alive

Hey everyone. So I was sitting at Chick-Fil-A this morning eating breakfast when I looked out the window and noticed my hood was popped:eek: . I had looked at it not a minute ago and didn't notice anything. "What the hell?" was my first thought. So I went out, looked at it, and closed it. Nothing seemed broken and it closed properly. So has anyone else ever had their hood pop open for no reason? My car is a 99 GT, and the previous owner installed a 99 cobra bumper, 01-04 headlights, and took out the grill (replaced with a floating cobra, like a mach 1 delete).

I could be wrong and it could have been open the whole time, but I really doubt it. Any ideas?:shrug: Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

It's not always easy to tell when the hood is unlatched if your not looking for it. I left an oil change shop a long time ago in my Gt, and drove around a full day with the hood unlatched. I found out when I hit the freeway - the hood starting jumping. :eek: I'm sure your hood is fine. Close it and see if it ever comes back.

Driver said:
too much powa for just a little latch to hold.

Looks like you need some hood pins to hold that muscle in.

[/wit]

:lol:

oh yea, i forgot that the cobra badges add like 100 rwhp, so that's probably it. :rolleyes: i need to get rid of those things...

i suspected that it just wasnt closed all the way (i opened it last night), i just thought it was strange that it would pop open while sitting in a parking lot. if it happens again i'll go get the hood pins :D

My hood has to be dropped down from a few feet to get it to close properly. I also have to keep the latch well greased or it will pop open. I've been told this is common on Mustangs. Always try to pull it up by hand after closing it to make sure it is fully closed.

mrvax said:
My hood has to be dropped down from a few feet to get it to close properly. I also have to keep the latch well greased or it will pop open. I've been told this is common on Mustangs. Always try to pull it up by hand after closing it to make sure it is fully closed.

i think it might be the fact that the latch needs to be greased. it's dry as a bone now that i look at it. where do i get grease for this, or can i just use some spray on lubricant?